2020 Paralympics

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

We beat them in 08, 12 and 16 (though 08 and 12 were pretty close). I fancy our chances. 

Oh, so do I; I'm just not going to gloat after 1 day of action (mind I'm unlikley to gloat after 10 days either, but that's me).

Anyway, the americans will look at the wrong medal table whenever they do check in ;)

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

@Tywin et al. how you liking the paralympic medal table?

I haven't really seen much coverage TBH, but I just turned wheelchair basketball and I didn't realize they played without a hoop. I recall trying to play it years ago with one and it was one of the hardest things I've ever tried. 

Nothing against the Paralympics, I think it's a great thing, but I've never seen someone argue "Well, you kicked our ass medal wise in the Olympics, but ha, we're beating you medal wise in the Paralympics just after they started!"

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I haven't really seen much coverage TBH, but I just turned wheelchair basketball and I didn't realize they played without a hoop. I recall trying to play it years ago with one and it was one of the hardest things I've ever tried. 

Wait what?
Are you sure that wasn't rugby - wheelchair basketball absolutely does have a hoop

18 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Wait what?
Are you sure that wasn't rugby - wheelchair basketball absolutely does have a hoop

The channel guide said it was basketball, but after looking up some videos it could have been rugby, though I would have guessed it was handball if you told me it wasn't basketball.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The channel guide said it was basketball, but after looking up some videos it could have been rugby, though I would have guessed it was handball if you told me it wasn't basketball.

If they were smashing into each other, and trying to carry the ball over the line (within the red rectangle) then it was rugby.

If they were trying to get a basketball through a basketball hoop, then it was basketball.

If it was an event that isn't in the current paralympic schedule where they try to throw the ball into a hockey(ish) goal, then it was handball.

35 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

If they were smashing into each other, and trying to carry the ball over the line (within the red rectangle) then it was rugby.

It had to be that then, although everything else about the game looked like basketball, down to them dribbling a round ball. 

I found another set of videos on YouTube that looked like what I pictured wheelchair Rugby to be. They were playing with a rugby ball on a hardcourt designed to look like a rugby field/pitch, and holy hell they were committing what was tantamount to war crimes against one another.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It had to be that then, although everything else about the game looked like basketball, down to them dribbling a round ball. 

I found another set of videos on YouTube that looked like what I pictured wheelchair Rugby to be. They were playing with a rugby ball on a hardcourt designed to look like a rugby field/pitch, and holy hell they were committing what was tantamount to war crimes against one another.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:26 PM, Maltaran said:

They call it murderball for a reason

Archived