Football: Return of the CR7

Corvinus85

And Derby have officially announced that the club and all of its subsidiaries have filed notices of intention to appoint administrators. What a mess. The club is most likely going to be relegated now with all of the points deductions (12 point deduction for going into administration plus a possible 9 point deduction for violating FFP).

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/09/derby-county-board-of-directors-statement-17th-september-2021

Being under administration is roughly the equivalent to a business declaring itself bankrupt in the US, I think- essentially admitting they no longer have the funds to operate and placing themselves under the control of an outside agent for that agent to decide how best to make sure any debts are paid. Sometimes clubs can continue after selling off assets or if they can find other investors to take over, but sometimes they fold.

Being in that bad a financial position automatically also gets a point deduction.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I don't understand what's going. What does appointing administrators mean? And what did they do to lose points?

They went into Administration (essentially saying, we are bust/bankrupt).

Altho, the writing for that has been on the wall since the start of the season, hasn't it? 

I mean, they were the one with the paper thin squad, that Rooney himself decimated further by kicking out one of his players during training?

12 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Rooney did defer a portion of his wages so that the club would be able to pay the players. It's not his fault that Mel Morris ran the club into the ground.

That's very honorable of him.  I stand corrected.

I think they'll get there eventually, but I've got this theory that Wolves' forward line is so built around Nuno's calm, precise attacking style that they can't easily flip to making use of the opportunities proved by Lage's half-controlled chaos. As good as Jimenez is he's not a Bamford, Moutinho's no Bissouma (also really old and they should probably have been thinking about a replacement before this) etc etc. They're good enough players that they should be able to adapt eventually, but Lage has to have a plan B in case they do not.

Archived