Football: Return of the CR7

Corvinus85

2 hours ago, mormont said:

I literally can't imagine a worse time to trial 'safe' standing than during a pandemic. 

I'm not against it in principle or anything, but surely this is not the moment. 

I thought the same thing - packing people closer together doesn't seem to be the cleverest idea right now.

Yes, but (and as someone who polices crowds I would hope you know this ;)) standing folks move around more than sitting ones do: they'll tend to crowd up even if there's space, to get a better view, because they get carried away, for lots of reasons. Seated fans will inherently maintain some sort of spacing.

15 hours ago, mormont said:

Yes, but (and as someone who polices crowds I would hope you know this ;)) standing folks move around more than sitting ones do: they'll tend to crowd up even if there's space, to get a better view, because they get carried away, for lots of reasons. Seated fans will inherently maintain some sort of spacing.

It's the way they behave in the pubs and the concourses that give me more concern re covid spread. Don't even get me started the likelihood of significant as everyone crams like sardines into the exits, then onto rammed buses, tubes and trains away from the ground. 

Though obviously that doesn't mean we shouldn't consider other risk factors also. 

:rolleyes: Either you are arriving from a red-list country, or you are not. They can't seriously propose, if you arrive from a red-list country, you have to quarantine yourself, unless you are a football milionaire, then the rules don't apply to you.

Shades of Lampard's Chelsea at this game. Poor touches, bad passes. I always wonder why teams manage to keep losing the ball and stay defensively, and then when they get scored on, somehow they manage to actually play football. But the better team won, City could have had a few more if not for Mendy and Silva.

8 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Surprisingly poor from Chelsea. They were way to negative in the first 60 minutes and were completely dominated.

It was rather shocking to see. Other than a few counters they literally didn't try to possess the ball until they were down a goal. The lack of aggression seems out of sync with how they've been playing the last few weeks.

Both Thiago and Keita are injured, on top of Elliott’s long term injury.  And Milner was ill with a virus midweek, so unclear if he’ll be fit to play.  Probably Jones or Milner in MF then today, considering Ox has looked terrible so far, even against the Norwich B-team in the LC.

Keita should be back soon, but Thiago may be out until after the international break.

Archived