Football: Return of the CR7

Corvinus85

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Henderson injured again, or why not play him and Jones?

Would at least be my guess for Liverpools midfield

Fabinho-Henderson-Jones

I’m expecting Fabinho and Henderson to be available, so Jones or Milner to take up the third spot in Gini’s role on the left.

Because of the weird scheduling of Brazil’s international games, we’ll lose Fabinho too for at least one game after the international break too.  But we’ll cross that bridge later.

Klopp has rotated well during this busy period, but the MF rotation options just shrunk a lot.  And Firmino’s injury reduced has the forward rotation options.  Less rotation options now means more fatigue injuries later.

I wouldn't want to see Milner in a midfield with Fabinho and Henderson, I think we're better with a more adventurous third midfielder, whether it be Jones, Minamino or Ox.

We've looked a better side since Wijnaldum left. Now all of our midfielders are willing to progress the ball, so we spend less time being pressed into passing it back to the defenders. As a result, we've had far fewer desperate spells where the other team gains the momentum and batters away at us.

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So why didn't Ronaldo take the penalty?

Because Bruno has been our first choice penalty taker since he joined and he does have a great record from the spot. There was no reason to change that. Of course since he missed there's gonna be a lot of 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' going around.

City vs Chelsea was pretty much what I expected it to be, very tactical with both teams cancelling each other out most of the time. Probably not a great one for the neutrals unless you look forward to the tactical analysis of it like I do.

Liverpool vs Brentford on the other hand was a stormer. Brentford are looking really solid and getting a point there could be considered a decent result even for a title contender.

23 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I think it's safe to say Mane is now past his peak.We need to buy a replacement next season.Same for Bobby.

Mane should be a lot easier to replace style-wise at least. Obviously any replacement is gonna be a gamble on quality, but there's lots of players of his basic role around. Firmino, despite being a less-good player, will be harder to replace directly, coz pretty much anyone you get will also have to adjust their game a bit since it's still not that common a role at other teams, so you're either getting a 10 and moving him forward or a striker and pulling him back. 

Archived