Football: Return of the CR7

Corvinus85

Arsenal being in 20th is laughable. Arsenal having 0 goal to 9 against is pathetic. Arteta fueling Kolasanic, Cedric, Holding and Chambers in a defensive alignment should get him fired. Sadly, not much he could do at this point since he got rid of Saliba, Gabriel is hurt and White has covid but still. This team sucks and the best part... it's all being caught on tape for All or Nothing on Amazon.

Does any of our resident gooners know how to get into a group viewing session of that Arsenal documentary with those tools at AFTV? If so please, get me in.

I know, they are acting it up for the drama value, and for Robbie to make cash out of it. I just want to be part of the experience/process for the first time watching All In or Nothing documentary. I imagine Robbie doing a drill instructor routine, that would be put Ermey's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman to shame. Show me your war face! Five minutes before we go on air! Work on that!

I mean, I have set of phrases prepared. It's all shambles! It's a shame, for a club as big as Arsenal! It's a disgrace! Get Xhaka out!

I really never want to see Cedric at right back. I think Hector is still our best right back and he's desperate to leave the club.

Pressure is defo on Arteta, he needs wins & points in September.

He's got three games to save his job. The Spurs game will likely decide his fate. Personally, I'd have him out of the door now. We've seen enough. The football is the worst since the early 90s. It ain't getting better with Arteta in charge. 

Our midfield isn't doing the job but the defence mostly is. The last-line organisation has been very good. Now need to turn that around into holding onto the ball in midfield, coz on the few occasions we've got through that part we've also threatened them at the back.

I know Arsenal have a lot of players missing now, but Chambers + Holding is a lot more than Liverpool had available at CB last year.  Rhys Williams was a kid who had only played for Fleetwood previously.

Spurs are now the master at grinding a 1-0 it seems.  Mourinho’s spirit endures.

Second half was a lot better than the first. I thought Pogba really needed to be pushed forward but instead Ole had him step back a few paces, which made Wolves over-extend themselves trying to press him, so not only did he have more room but so did the rest of the midfield. That took a lot of the sting out of their hectic press, so it was a smart decision.

Sancho had a bad game, that's a concern.

15 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Sancho had a bad game, that's a concern.

Not really. If he keeps having games like this then it becomes a concern.

A far, far bigger concern is that our midfield has gotten completely dicked two games in a row by bottom half of the table sides.

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Not really. If he keeps having games like this then it becomes a concern.

I mean, if he'd just been a bit off and lacking communication with the team I wouldn't be worried but a player we bought to beat defenders has had two sub appearances and one start and barely beaten a defender. He almost played like he doesn't believe he can do it today, and that's what worried me. He's too good not to settle in eventually, but we need him to settle in now, especially with Rashford injured.

Unfortunate for Amad. He was all set to join Feyenoord on loan but then picked up a thigh injury in training that will keep him out for six weeks. Feyenoord are moving to get Reiss Nelson on loan instead.

Reports that Leeds are in talks with United for Dan James.

ETA.

Kabak set to join Norwich on loan with an option to buy.

Brighton have also paid Getafe the release clause of €18m for Marc Cucurella.

Archived