Sign in to follow this  
Ser Scot A Ellison

US Politics: Rural Southernification… (thanks Zorral)

1 hour ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Well, there were literal bombs placed during the Capitol riots that (thank God) didn’t explode, but I can see why that would be an inconvenient fact to the point you’re failing to make.

Again, show your work.  There was bomb scare reported, but even that bomb scare, how far from the Capitol?  And pretty much any jerk off can put in a bomb scare.  Tell me about the physical evidence (as oppsosed to a bull shit media scare)

Where on a satellite map was the bomb scare, and what was the follow up the last nine months from our surveillance state?  I m kind of assuming you 're all for a mostly powerful central surviellance state, but really, this sounds like almost entirely sound rather than fury.  How far until you ask yourself if the .1% narrative is actually the best for me?  

TBH we probably meet somewhere in the middle.

33 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Take a look at civil rights bills in the 60s. How many of them passed with a higher percentage of Democrats v Republicans?  Pretty sure that was 0%.  Ask your self, why did the establishment Democrats in the south for 90 years plus in the 1950s brand themselves as the DixieCrats, not the DixiePublicans?  If all the southern racists are repulicans than why wasnt there a a Dixiepublican party?  If I'm missing something here, I'm willing to reconsider,  you should consider the same.

What @Tywin et al. said.

Or do you think it's just a coincidence that in 2020 the area of the country that fought for slavery overwhelmingly votes Republican, while the people they wanted to enslave overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Do I need to bring up current election results for you?

You can't be that delusional.

Edit: Well I suppose you can be. Millions of Republicans are.

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Yeah parties are coalitions of voters.  Not understanding that the Democrats lost Southern Democrats - i.e. white supremacists - as part of their coalition precisely because they passed the CRA and VRA is just absurdly ignorant.  LBJ saying "we've just lost the South for a generation" upon signing the CRA may be apocryphal, but it's apocryphal because it reflects the fact the South shifted from Democratic-dominated to GOP-dominated over the next thirty years.

23 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Or do you think it's just a coincidence that in 2020 the area of the country that fought for slavery overwhelmingly votes Republican, while the people they wanted to enslave overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Do I need to bring up current election results for you?

Let's put aside WI, GA, PN, MI, AZ. (IE the states where Biden won the Wed vote by 30+ points)

Trump improved his vote total with minorities compared to his first run for President.  So to the extent Biden has a mandate, it's for more white supremacy.  Personally, I work towards the ideal that we're all equally deserving of the same rights, but I understand from a machiavellian point of view how polarizing sub group distinctintions is effective politics.  Again, just to be clear, I'm all for judging each individual by their actions when it comes to divisive ideas.

If only the collectivists spent even a tenth of their time trying to figure out how to make communism work better, instead spending so much time making the system that's actually lifted up the oppressed fail.

13 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Let's put aside WI, GA, PN, MI, AZ. (IE the states where Biden won the Wed vote by 30+ points)

Trump improved his vote total with minorities compared to his first run for President.  So to the extent Biden has a mandate, it's for more white supremacy.  Personally, I work towards the ideal that we're all equally deserving of the same rights, but I understand from a machiavellian point of view how polarizing sub group distinctintions is effective politics.  Again, just to be clear, I'm all for judging each individual by their actions when it comes to divisive ideas.

If only the collectivists spent even a tenth of their time trying to figure out how to make communism work better, instead spending so much time making the system that's actually lifted up the oppressed fail.

Dude. Just stop. It's so sad.

Black citizens voted Democrat 87% for the 2020 election.

The White South? (The former Confederacy) Well I'm ashamed of my brethren.

11 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Trump improved his vote total with minorities compared to his first run for President.  So to the extent Biden has a mandate, it's for more white supremacy

This shows no understanding of mathematics or logic.  “71% of non white votes cast went to Biden, as opposed to 76% in 2016” (from a NR article, the most right wing source I could quick google) does not square with any of your bullshit about a white supremacy mandate.

Edited by VigoTheCarpathian
Clarity

11 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Trump improved his vote total with minorities compared to his first run for President.  So to the extent Biden has a mandate, it's for more white supremacy.

This is either laughably stupid or preposterously disingenuous.  Just because Biden decreased the margins doesn't change the fact he won the black vote 87/12, the hispanic vote 65/32, and the asian vote 61/34 - while Trump won the white vote 58/41.  And where did Trump do best regionally?  The South, of course, where he won 53/46, while he won the Midwest 51/47 whereas Biden won the East 58/41 and the West 57/41.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is either laughably stupid or preposterously disingenuous.  Just because Biden decreased the margins doesn't change the fact he won the black vote 87/12, the hispanic vote 65/32, and the asian vote 61/34 - while Trump won the white vote 58/41.  And where did Trump do best regionally?  The South, of course, where he won 53/46, while he won the Midwest 51/47 whereas Biden won the East 58/41 and the West 57/41.

Is minority unemployment up or down now compared to when Trump was President?  The rubber meets the road.  A guy who believes that all men are created equal is going to be better for minorities than a guy that monetizes his political power.

Don Trump Jr is a total fucking loser though.  He couldn't get a 7 figure contract to manage Ukrainian fossil fuels, or get 1.5B invested in his hedge fund (at a 2%+ annual commission), or make 7+ figures as an artist.  what a talentless hack.

Obivously Biden is the best option, because his heir is so very very talented.  And a top .01 crackhead, income wise.  But then again most crack heads that knock up strippers arent also fantastic artists, killer hedge fund managers, and petroleum export experts.  So that income must be all merit and no corruption.

Also, the implication that minority votes belong monolithically to one party is racist itself.  Minority unemployment is higher under Biden than Trump, so I suppose that team will need to beat the racism drum even harder and hope individuals dont think for themselves.

20 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

the implication that minority votes belong monolithically to one party is racist itself. 

Dang. I guess I have to do what I always do, and explain things in the simplest possible terms so other people can understand.

From 1861-1865 there was a Civil War in this country. The Southern Slave owning states tried to secede from the Union because they were afraid Abraham Lincoln would abolish slavery, and they wanted to continue owning other people.

These states (AKA the Confederacy) lost the war. 

Now the decedents of these people are still racist as fuck, and are still living in the same region. And they currently vote Republican.

And we have a two party system.

So would you vote alongside people who think you are less than human mcbigski?

12 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

The rubber meets the road.  A guy who believes that all men are created equal is going to be better for minorities than a guy that monetizes his political power.

I have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about.

15 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Minority unemployment is higher under Biden than Trump, so I suppose that team will need to beat the racism drum even harder and hope individuals dont think for themselves.

Again, I don't know if you're being ludicrously stupid or absurdly disingenuous.  Either way it's getting really pathetic.  The black and hispanic unemployment rates spiked during covid - just like, ya know, it did for every fucking demographic.  It's been decreasing from that spike since Biden took office, but comparing Trump's entire four years to Biden's nine months - all the while still obviously dealing with a global pandemic and subsequent economic crisis - frankly doesn't even warrant a response.

As for the rest of your post, why the fuck are you bringing up a comparison of Trump and Biden's sons?  Seems like you got weird ass fetish there.

19 minutes ago, DMC said:

The black and hispanic unemployment rates spiked during covid - just like, ya know, it did for every fucking demographic.  It's been decreasing from that spike since Biden took office, but comparing Trump's entire four years to Biden's nine months - all the while still obviously dealing with a global pandemic and subsequent economic crisis - frankly doesn't even warrant a response.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but didn't Trump leave office with negative job growth overall? 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but didn't Trump leave office with negative job growth overall? 

Meh, depends.  December saw losses, January saw gains.  Here, I looked it up lazy!

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Meh, depends.  December saw losses, January saw gains.  Here, I looked it up lazy!

Hey, I was doing the important thing, looking up college basketball stats! 

Man, that line is really fucking flat until the record skips.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Man, that line is really fucking flat until the record skips.

Yeah it's a poorly formatted graph.  I just looked at the data table below.

Well, I think we can all see what can be gained by trying to have a reasonable discussion with a Republican in 2021. 

We learned:

1. Democrats are always the racists at all points in history, no matter the context or events going on. Even in the Multiverse, the Democats are always the racists in every possible world and dimension.

2. African-Americans by freely choosing to vote for one of the two major political parties are "owned" by doing so. (And this of course does not apply to white southerners choosing to vote for a certain political party, they are just trying maximize the freedom)

3. Donald Trump Jr. is totally not a nepotism hire. 

I really don't know why yall are even bothering with him. There is no chance that someone who elides covid as a reason for unemployment numbers is going to be convinced of anything. 

He's one or two steps away from eating horse dewormer for the fresh taste and investing in gold coins and mesothelioma. 

1 minute ago, Kaligator said:

I really don't know why yall are even bothering with him.

The same reason I bother with any of you people.  I'm bored.

5 minutes ago, Kaligator said:

I really don't know why yall are even bothering with him. There is no chance that someone who elides covid as a reason for unemployment numbers is going to be convinced of anything. 

He's one or two steps away from eating horse dewormer for the fresh taste and investing in gold coins and mesothelioma. 

You guys just bash mesothelioma without even giving it a chance.  #echochamber

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

The same reason I bother with any of you people.  I'm bored.

What do you mean you people