Your most-used words

Chataya de Fleury

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

I have too many to even list, just starting with 'even,' 'just,' 'very,' 'actually,' 'literally,' 'simply,' 'actually,' and on and on and on.   Terminally infected by adverbitis.  :crying:  

Correctly or incorrectly? 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Correctly or incorrectly? 

Redundantly, unnecessarily, extraneously and repetitively.  So much! syllabic agrandisation!  Needless, useless expansion!  And I never ever learn! :crying:

8 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Surely you can slip in the odd “fudge” and “shut the front door”.

Yeah, I wish I could do that.  I'm just too nervous that my frustration will take over, and those soundalikes will turn into the actual curse words.

12 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Surely you can slip in the odd “fudge” and “shut the front door”.

I use these all the time in class, along with "chill the flock out."

Students have told me my most commonly said word in class is "Okay."

41 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I use these all the time in class, along with "chill the flock out."

Students have told me my most commonly said word in class is "Okay."

Adding “chill the flock out” to the rotation.  That will be an excellent one for negotiations as it will definitely cause a record scratch.

I say 'absurd' and 'mmhmm' as often as possible.  I also say 'awesome', 'dig it' and 'bummer' regularly.  I also say 'regularly' whenever I can fit it in.  My favorite word might be 'significant'.  I love the word 'well' and use it frequently as an opener.  I say 'day aint over yet' at least once per day.  Hopefully more.

I'm not sure if I'm self aware enough to properly answer the question?

I have been called out for the way I use "irregardless", apparently it drives some people batty.

Two other expressions I used for years I've had to wean myself from because I've learned they were insensitive or derisive to certain groups, I will not share those as some things are just better left in the past.

I'm not above being derisive though.

I think I'm developing a enjoyable penchance for using "Covidiot".

"Crunk" rapper Lil Jon, has literally made millions for repeatedly using three words in his recordings.

YEAH, OKAY, WHAT

1. A hip-hop artist known for his use of only these three words: YEAH, OKAY, and WHAT. In every song cameo, he will use only the above listed words. 

11 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm not sure if I'm self aware enough to properly answer the question?

I have been called out for the way I use "irregardless", apparently it drives some people batty.

The way to use that word is not to use it at all. The irr- part is already a negation, and adding -less makes it double negation, which is just a linguistic abomination. You can’t pull no such shit without being called out for it. 

Archived