What we do in the Shadows - (Spoilers for film and show)

Which Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first 2 episodes and they were fucking great. Colin Robinson is really bringing it and Laszlo’s IDGAF attitude about the council is cracking me up. They seem to be swearing a lot more too.

So we doing spoilers for s3? I feel bad if it hasn’t started yet elsewhere.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, Which Tyler said:

I see Season 3 started yesterday Stateside, and the previous thread has been locked.

Current waiting on my... methods... so that I can watch the episode (doesn't drop here until November - probably)

Love this show. Began my re-watch of S1 & S2 last night. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

The latest episode (3x06 The Escape) was pure gold. I absolutely lost it when the Baron started driving around in the little electric car. :rofl:

Yep, that was brilliant.
And the watchers being massive gossips

• 3 weeks later...

:crying:

Spoiler

RIP Colin Robinson, you sweet prince. 

I will definitely be bummed if he’s off the show for good, but it was a hell of a sendoff if so. I was dying when Nandor crushed his head. :lmao:

And the payoff of why Laszlo was spending so much time with him this season was great. 

Spoiler

I should have known they wouldn’t kill him off for good. A Colin Robinson/Groot type situation has a lot of potential. 

Also, I liked Nadja making a Tao of Steve reference when she got annoyed with Donal Logue. I love that movie. 

Great season. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just blew through all three seasons of this, what a great show. One of those rare cases where I'm tempted to start it again just to spend more time with the characters. It's hard to pick highlights but the Bloody Mary episode absolutely killed me. 

"We still have to get the van back to Derrick's mom tonight"

On 11/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, RumHam said:

I just blew through all three seasons of this, what a great show. One of those rare cases where I'm tempted to start it again just to spend more time with the characters. It's hard to pick highlights but the Bloody Mary episode absolutely killed me. 

"We still have to get the van back to Derrick's mom tonight"

Have you seen the original movie and the other spin-off show (Wellington Paranormal)?

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Have you seen the original movie and the other spin-off show (Wellington Paranormal)?

The movie I've seen, I think I've heard of Wellington Paranormal but I had no idea it was a spin-off. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The movie I've seen, I think I've heard of Wellington Paranormal but I had no idea it was a spin-off. 

Yeah, it follows the cops from the original movie in Wellington as they get into a sort of comical X-Files kind of thing (and occasionally bump into other characters from the original movie).

Waititi is quite proud of his "WWDITS Cinematic Universe," though it sounds like it'll be a while before he gets round to the actual movie sequel, which will focus on the werewolf community.

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

Just discovered it (Wellington Paranormal) during the week.

Its good, but not as high as WWDITT - but then, that's a pretty high bar

Archived