Sign in to follow this  
Chataya de Fleury

Dating Thread - “As the World Turns” edition

3 hours ago, litechick said:

…I'm a Gen Xer and I tend to think we were all brought up on these notions that men should be bigger, stronger, smarter than women.  I can't write him off for having absorbed some of it just like I have sympathy for women who have absorbed it.

Yup. It’s ridiculous as hell. He shall be “Bigger, stronger, smarter, and the breadwinner” is pretty much what many men of our Gen X and older men have internalized.

Its complete crap. That said, as you pointed out, it’s a pretty heavy unloading to do to get rid of that cultural conditioning.

Apparently, the biggest aphrodisiac I ever recently gave to a man was rescheduling a conference call to fit his needs. The resulting “thank you for rescheduling your conference call” sex was pretty amazing. Still. Sigh. :bang:

"Bigger, stronger, smarter"

We were so close to a Kanye lyric being a reality.

( And yes, all those notions are shite!)

Edited by Raja

I have to admit there is a fine line for me between a woman being smarter and 'a lot smarter'. If I'm honest the first turns me on, the second would definitely fuck with my ego. 

It's also more conducive to a happy relationship in my opinion if you are in the same ball park, it's no different than liking the same social activities, being sexually compatible etc. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Was actually a humble brag.  Being bigger, stronger, smarter, than the average bear.  But also drunker.

That being said, I'm totally in the waiting for the other shoe phase of dating right now.

Something something 'Any man who must say 'I am king'

Anyway, date tomorrow which I'm excited about! Getting drinks and then playing table tennis, what could go wrong.

41 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Was actually a humble brag.  Being bigger, stronger, smarter, than the average bear.

Wait, you're bigger than the average bear?  I don't think you should be bragging about that, humbly or not.

17 minutes ago, Raja said:

Anyway, date tomorrow which I'm excited about! Getting drinks and then playing table tennis, what could go wrong.

Sounds like you've never had a few drinks then experienced a hypercompetitive game of table tennis break out.

May god have mercy on your soul if this should happen. 

6 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Merely proportional.

If you Google the size of the average bear, speaking in both senses, this is a pretty awful comp to brag about.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you Google the size of the average bear, speaking in both senses, this is a pretty awful comp to brag about.

I thought it was kinda funny, but I do not want to google bear penis sizes.

Ty knows best apparently.  I mean I can think a few boarders at least who I 'd expect to know more about bears, but if he's claiming expertise,  I'll believe.

Edited by mcbigski

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's not very impressive, relative to size, but between you and me, thank god us humans don't actually put the bone in boner. Turns out some creatures really can break it.

Also, I forget which exact spices it is, but some barnacle has like a 20 foot dong. Kind of funny when you consider it's otherwise smaller than the palm of your hand. 

I mean, I was going to make the obvious joke about Hank Mcbigski Hill and dolphins in the NFL thread, but here we are. 

6 hours ago, mcbigski said:

MN and PN even have barnicles?

If by PN you mean PA, or Pennsylvania, I refer you to this long-running documentary on life in Philadelphia:

15 hours ago, DMC said:

You don't need to. You can just ask Ty. He is some bizarre sort of an encyclopedia for penis sizes for animals. He doesn'T need to look it up, he just knows it. Don't ask, I didn't either.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You don't need to. You can just ask Ty. He is some bizarre sort of an encyclopedia for penis sizes for animals. He doesn'T need to look it up, he just knows it. Don't ask, I didn't either.

My favorite podcast has an animal expert on every week, and has for over a decade. They ask weird questions, now and then. Or they just prank him. Enjoy: