Sign in to follow this  
Chataya de Fleury

Dating Thread - “As the World Turns” edition

5 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

There's an entire small industry here in the UK based around right-wing publications running scare stories about the prevalence of "no tories" in dating profiles.

'Look, look, the lefties are being mean to us by not having sex with us!' 

Don't they realize how weak this makes them look? 

18 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Wasnt it the same with staffers from Trump’s White House who found a less than warm welcome from women in Washington?

2 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

This is the only reason to be on dating apps, so you can state on your profile 'no Trumpers please'. Failing which, maybe a bar in DeKalb (which for those reading who havent spent much time down south went about 80/20 for Biden).

The ONLY reason to be on apps.

The great thing about Peebs is that he’s also centrist / liberal so we are politically aligned.

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

I'm pretty sure they know. I doubt the articles are sincere; more likely they're cynical clickbait.

55 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

I'm pretty sure they know. I doubt the articles are sincere; more likely they're cynical clickbait.

It still makes me want to point my finger at them and laugh. 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:17 AM, sologdin said:

situational lesion compounded by dishonesty is toast in a way that can't be otherwise surmounted by one's charming disposition and fanciful promises to cure the defect at some nebulous point in the future.

Yes this is where I get the reluctance to misrepresent myself.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:17 AM, sologdin said:

the greater the magnitude on the potential dealbreaker axis, the smaller the magnitude on non-disclosure duration axis. 

I think I can get a couple of dates out of this graph.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, Starkess said:

For me, I try to bring it up when I think we're moving into the "relationship" rather than "dating" territory.

Yeah I agree with this. 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, VigoTheCarpathian said:

I would probably not talk about it until you see a something past casual being possible

Agreed again.

Thanks for the responses to all.  I think I was already in agreement but wanted to hear other people say it out loud.  So to speak.  I think the best policy is to wait until things become more serious than a first date between people who have never seen each other in person.  If she brings it up I will respond truthfully but other wise it can wait. 

Also, I remember the advice given to people on dating sites to not post a picture with a fish.  I laughed for week when Fury posted that.  Now I have been on some dating sites for a few weeks and sure as shit the fish picture is a bona fide thing. 

Chataya’s dealbreakers:

Smoking

Drugs (except caffeine, alcohol, or things being taken according to a doctor’s prescription)

Hard-core conservatives (or anyone voting Republican after 2016)

The unvaccinated (typically ties in with the above)

You can get away with a fish pic, but you must be super hot and otherwise amazing. (Much safer not to do the fish pic)

Edited by Chataya de Fleury