Drunk Thread II: The Drunkening

mcbigski

I had an Aperol Spritz for €3. Even in this city, such hasn’t happened in 5 years. The first one was okay, the second and the third only moderately shitty. Then again, that’s still better than having a €6 moderately shitty cocktail. 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, Soylent Brown said:

I'm confused as to how someone could break an Aperol Spritz?

By saying the words "I'll have an Aperol Spritz." :P 

Joke, I'm sure they're good for some but not for me.

I worked late tonight to meet a work deadline and have just got home. I'm going to treat myself by opening a bottle of wine* and drifting off to the new Florence album. 

*A bad idea, probably, I will undoubtedly throw up and have an awful hangover tomorrow but I have no spirits left and didn't have my card when I passed the shop so cheap wine it is.

Edit: Ended up drunkenly weeping while listening to music, but a good cry every now and then does the mind good

Edited by HelenaExMachina

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 11:56 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

By saying the words "I'll have an Aperol Spritz." :P 

Joke, I'm sure they're good for some but not for me.

I used to feel the same and then something clicked and it became one of my favorite summer drinks knocking Cuba Libre out off the top 5. The ratio and the type of Prosecco really matter. It’s curious to look back on the shift in my taste of booze in my mid-twenties. 

I opened a bottle of wine and it proved to be necessary. So pat on the shoulder for me in retrospect. I could 100% drink the full bottle but I have work tomorrow. So maybe I’ll switch to gummy candy and self-destruct in a different way. 

I really want to invite friends over for wine and cold tapas, but I’m a perfectionist and I feel the need to buy a fancy cutting board and a cheese knife set to make my future charcuterie board ~perfect~ so I’m putting it off until I have the ~perfect~ fancy equipment because I’m a nut case. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

https://youtu.be/MvkN3003iU4

What bushes?

THERe ARE NO BUSHES!!!

Easily the best role of Marky Mark's career.  

"I am a peacock, you gotta let me fly!!!"

ETA:  @Fragile Bird - it's from The Other Guys and actually it's the beginning of the movie.  Great parody of cop movies.

Edited by DMC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, our team rolled again in the summer ultimate beer league.  Had a nice hand block too.  And they offered $8 PBR pitchers at the bar afterwards.  I suspect Klaus Schwab would rather I drank fermented cricket juice, but somehow I'm still living well myself.  Just drink them quickly and they're fine.  Warm though, not ideal.

Of course it scotch at home now.  Got to clean out my car because it's 11 years old with 200k miles and the adjuster is going to look at it in the morning after the special lady friend's neighbor backed into it at a surprising high speed for a shared driveway.  Really can't decide if I want them to fix it or total it.  If they total it, I should get a good price compared to a year ago, but if they fix it, I can keep driving it into the ground while repos and rates go up, and the used or new car market starts to soften. 

Watched Idiocracy a few weeks ago as SLF hadn't seen it.   Seems like we're living in it way ahead of schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I better do a few more shots before a show up to work hungover tomorrow. 

“To equality!”

‘drinks’ 

Once you've started you may as well go all in. No point showing up just a 'little' hungover.

What are your shots of choice?

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Once you've started you may as well go all in. No point showing up just a 'little' hungover.

What are your shots of choice?

Ended up being some damn good advice.

I took an extra couple shots and gave my Lucipurr (cat) and Laci (dog) extra treats.

They both appreciate it.

21 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Jameson.

That is some good Irish whiskey. 

This one is to your health. Cheers! 

Tried the Bushmill's 10?  It's around 40 for fifth but has a very nice just slightly fruity finish.  Jameson is a fine shot, and at the sippable line, but from what I've had, the protestants do it better for the aged stuff.  Though base label I give the slight edge to Jameson over Bushmills.  

Currently drinking a ranch water.  SLF liked the spicy version when we were in Nashville and now I'm just working through the variety pack.  The things I do for love...