Drunk Thread II: The Drunkening

mcbigski

On 7/31/2022 at 9:17 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Jameson.

That is some good Irish whiskey. 

This one is to your health. Cheers! 

Eh, I bought a bottle of it for the first time in ages and it's very middling for the $20-$30 price range. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kind of an inverse to the thread, but I'm extremely happy with myself that I went to the state fair yesterday and had one beer and that's it. Over the course of about ten hours. And I didn't smoke any weed. I haven't gone in ten years and most of my memories associated with the state fair outside of childhood and politics are about getting fucked up there. A few friends and I smoked a blunt on the Ferris wheel once while drunk as shit in high school, for example. Being at peace while being sober there is definitely a step in the right direction.  

We had an announcement at work about  the annual raise, which seemed like the right time to finish up my summer gin. I didn’t like this gin (Harahorn). In general, I don’t like pink gin. 100% a cheapo Beefeater advocate. 

And with that, let the autumn winter booze season commence. I will finally make hot buttered rum this year. 

On 9/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, RhaenysBee said:

We had an announcement at work about  the annual raise, which seemed like the right time to finish up my summer gin. I didn’t like this gin (Harahorn). In general, I don’t like pink gin. 100% a cheapo Beefeater advocate. 

And with that, let the autumn winter booze season commence. I will finally make hot buttered rum this year. 

Shitty raise?

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Europe things.

That’s barbaric :( Bank/religious holidays are paid and not retracted from one’s paid days off here. 

Lazy Europeans.

:P

You have to earn holidays off. 

If you are too stupid to work at a place that does not give paid holidays, then you do not deserve a paid holiday.

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

OK. 

It is now 1 pm. 

If I can keep this level of drunk until sunset, then I shall do battle with that terrifying murderous spider.

(liquid courage)

The spider is on the move. Currently making it’s nightly web outside the back door. 

Tactics say to be wait until they finish the web, and sit still in the middle. 

Then I attack. 

24 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The spider is on the move. Currently making it’s nightly web outside the back door. 

Tactics say to be wait until they finish the web, and sit still in the middle. 

Then I attack. 

This is one good thing about being a smoker.  Always having a lighter handy makes webs go poof.  Then it's just anticipating where the spider is gonna land.  Good on you for stabilizing the buzz since 1 though.  I'm on a similar schedule, but I have my own frog outside my back patio to deal with.  I don't want to kill him (or her, shouldn't be presumptuous), after all he kills all the mosquitos that are a plague of my new apt.  But last night he literally jumped on my shoulder and just chilled there like he was Iago.  We need to establish boundaries.

I missed.

I yelled “what we do in this life echoes an eternity!” And tried to squish the spider, and missed.  

It fell out of the web and got between the boards of the porch before I could stomp it. 

Maybe it won’t  come back after this hassle?

Edited by A True Kaniggit

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is one good thing about being a smoker.  Always having a lighter handy makes webs go poof.  Then it's just anticipating where the spider is gonna land.  Good on you for stabilizing the buzz since 1 though.  I'm on a similar schedule, but I have my own frog outside my back patio to deal with.  I don't want to kill him (or her, shouldn't be presumptuous), after all he kills all the mosquitos that are a plague of my new apt.  But last night he literally jumped on my shoulder and just chilled there like he was Iago.  We need to establish boundaries.

I can destroy the web at any time, like what just happened.

The builder needs to die. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Partner drinking first drinks since the staph infection weeks ago -- and even before that to avoid certain other unpleasantnesses that are the miseries of trying to fly internationally while of course needing to mask.  Currently Partner's outside in beautiful weather with a couple of amigos, drinking beer.  Ecstasy!

Also @A True Kaniggit --good luck with Spider.  Just remember: they are smaller.