Drunk Thread II: The Drunkening

mcbigski

15 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

There was a new spider this morning. :tantrum:

Also. Down with Shampaggin!

O_o.    It seems that a good piece of real estate attracts all the spiders to your yard. Jam it with a broom, that’s my favorite anti-spider weapon. 
Did notice that the spider waited awhile to fool you into thinking it was all clear.  Devious little eight legged bastard. 
:angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Scotches, whiskeys, vodkas, boubons are so over.  The Financial Times says so.

https://www.ft.com/content/57fb42b8-ebcb-4412-98cb-0f2982147816?

.... Tequila is now the fastest-growing spirit in the US. This year, Americans will spend $13.3bn on agave spirits, more than they do on US-made whiskey. In 2023, they are set to overtake vodka as America’s best-selling spirit, according to research group IWSR. Any educated bartender will tell you tequila is as complex as whiskey and wine. But to many Americans, it is either a wild party drink or a celebrity gimmick. Nick Jonas has one. So do Michael Jordan, The Chainsmokers, Rita Ora and Kendall Jenner. Tequila is George Clooney in a grey suit, fingertips on a glass of reposado, promoting a brand he sold in 2017 for $1bn. It’s not farmers in agave fields, artisan distillations, various terroirs. ....

16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What alcoholic beverage is least triggering for reflux? Siri and google say it’s gin and whiskey. Any contradictory opinions? 

Interesting that that's what google says.  I pretty much exclusively drink whiskey and gin these days, and it is at least in part because beer and wine comparatively give me much more/worse heartburn.  Not really sure if gin and whiskey are better for this compared to other spirits (e.g. vodka, rum, tequila), and when I say "whiskey," I'm basically counting bourbon and scotch too.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Interesting that that's what google says.  I pretty much exclusively drink whiskey and gin these days, and it is at least in part because beer and wine comparatively give me much more/worse heartburn.  Not really sure if gin and whiskey are better for this compared to other spirits (e.g. vodka, rum, tequila), and when I say "whiskey," I'm basically counting bourbon and scotch too.

Well, you are on the right track, because the internet says that gin, tequila and non-grain vodka has the least acidity in this order. (The whiskey was my mistake it says tequila, I just misremembered) I think the general rule of thumb is to stay away from anything that’s sugary, fizzy or has to do with grapes, aka cocktails, sweet liqueurs, wine, champagne, Prosecco, etc. Mulled wine is the death of me. I love it but it destroys me for a week every single time. Especially when you follow up with 5 fizzy cocktails. Winter weddings… 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 11/17/2022 at 10:48 PM, RhaenysBee said:

What alcoholic beverage is least triggering for reflux? Siri and google say it’s gin and whiskey. Any contradictory opinions? 

Any clear spirits I'd say. Nothing else really 'agrees' with me, though it won't stop me drinking it if it is offered. I also struggle with fizzy mixers these days which isn't ideal. The drawbacks of years of bodily abuse!

I'd agree with Google and sidi though

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Any clear spirits I'd say. Nothing else really 'agrees' with me, though it won't stop me drinking it if it is offered. I also struggle with fizzy mixers these days which isn't ideal. The drawbacks of years of bodily abuse!

I'd agree with Google and sidi though

Yeah, same. I bought a bottle of gin and apple juice but ended up drinking GnT anyway. Wasn’t too bad, but I suppose I’ve been eating well enough in the past couple weeks to balance it out. Also alkaline water is magic. 

The current drinkening has accomplished it’s goal.

The toilet has been cleansed before Thanksgiving. 

Wipe up your own splashed urine. It’s disgusting.

Sober people who do this must have a Constitution, Dexterity, and Fortitude, all of 18.

Edit: It is the drunk thread. Drunk things happen. 

https://youtu.be/ZXOnch6yEqg

Edited by A True Kaniggit

• 2 weeks later...

My current drink is cheap Chinese beer but now that the bars have opened I may need to go out and buy some swanky overpriced IPAs. Does that make me a lame hipster? maybe? but I dunno if I care I need something better than watery lager. 

Gin martini twist of orange.  Orange bitters.   Whisper vermouth.

You're welcome.

That's my house martini using Sapphire.  Works with any non piney gin and of course not those few weird ass licorice flavored ones. 

Can drink about 3x of this versus whisky hang over intensity wise.  Acid reflux not as sure but hasn't been a problem.

• 1 month later...

Well I have been drinking less lately.  Hurt my knee playing ultimate on an artificial turf field in fall league.  It didn't mend quickly enough, so I figure the first thing I should do is lose 25 lbs or so.  That can't possibly be bad for my knees.  If it still bothers me around April I'll look at a more rigorous PT beyond what I'm also doing myself.

Maybe you should split off and try something like the Angry Drunk Thread, or Horny Drunk Thread, or Happy Drunk Thread, or crazy Drunk Gambling Thread.  Lots of options.  

10 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Maybe you should split off and try something like the Angry Drunk Thread, or Horny Drunk Thread, or Happy Drunk Thread, or crazy Drunk Gambling Thread.  Lots of options.  

This is a high level technique that is difficult to pull off. 

Maybe you sober up and find you won a grand. 

More likely you pissed away a few hundred in your drunken stupor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I cooked a nice dinner tonight and realized I was almost out of wine while arguing with some floob in the upper threads.  So I picked up a box from the neighborhood joint.  I think I've been very well behaved so far.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

@mcbigski

Calling off the game.

I’m only drinking once every two weeks at this point. It would never work. 

Well, I still appreciate your handle.  Unless it's not a Python reference?

Took a week off, but now here I am. Triumphed in golf league, and just at home enjoying the spoils. Which is mostly almond milk white russians because my grocery game isn't sharp.