Drunk Thread II: The Drunkening

mcbigski

Amiga and I drove out to a massive liquor store on Long Island yesterday.  Each of us brought home 4 cases of wine, all the bottles running $4 - $6, at least, plus the discount laid on when one bought 4 bottles of the same label, less than in our wine stores in Manhattan.  It was a lovely outing, because, you know, wine, and then having a late lunch in a very pretty park, while the Bichon Frise scampered.  We both laughed too, because, "Whatever happened to those months in the first year of the pandemic when we both quit drinking any alcohol at all?"

Edited by Zorral

Not really "drunk", per se, but Mrs. PotN and I are enjoying an imported german brews advent calendar this season.  It'll kind of be a fun first brew (and sometimes only brew) of each evening leading up to Christmas:cheers:

We've enjoyed a nice, mild Fall here in the northern great plains and are just getting the first snow of the season.  We do need any kind of precipitation we can get and it will make it start feeling a little more like the holiday season to me anyway:)

We had a work Christmas party last weekend with a free bar. It would have been rude not to take advantage.

Going into a day of shopping and day drinking on Saturday wasn't perhaps the wisest move. I had sobered up just enough by Monday to get the Fear as Friday nights antics slowly came back to me and I remembered the dancing, the drunk chats and the declarations of love our little group had.

Luckily my manager is usually as introverted as I am and we reached an unspoken agreement never to speak of it to each other. I fear our team will never look at us the same again though...

What the hell, it was worth it

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

Absolutely, you have to take advantage of that kind of thing.

My company have forgone parties and just sent me bottles of booze the past two years. Fancy £50 bottles of booze, but they've saved an absolute fortune on what I would have cost them at a free bar!

We didn't get one last year for obvious reasons, and this one was almost called off too. But I think because our London office had a big fancy party for returning to the office they didn't feel up to refusing us.

I should also have mentioned my manager is a new parent (the week before the party was their first week back since the baby was born) and I suspect they were NOT popular with their partner the next day. They uttered those infamous words when they arrived at the party too "I'm just having one..."

There is a treasure trove of Aviator gin commercials that feature Ryan Reynolds:) The gin is good, too, and the company was sold. Also, I raised hell by having a craft beer( one 5.2% beer) with my dinner and lunch…I was told about my sinfulness. I’m trying to gain weight.

Edited by HoodedCrow
Dumb head spelling:)

Drinking some locally produced honey mead (with vanilla and cinnamon) right now while enjoying some college football.  It's very, very sweet for me but interesting and enjoyable enough in relatively small amounts.  Not drinking near enough to get even close to "drunk".  Although that has a distinct possibility of happening later with the help of other beverages:cheers:  

Do you know who is evil? People that won’t straight up say what they would like for Christmas.

”I want nothing”

”You don’t have to get me a thing”

Bullshit. If you actually received nothing for Christmas you would be sad. Just tell me want you want. That’s what I do. Keep things simple. 

• 2 weeks later...

I took a half day off work on New Years Eve and met some friends, started drinking at 2. Ended up locking myself out of my flat, having to call an emergency locksmith, and then waking up around 5, on the floor, with my wardrobe tipped over an no memory of how it happened. I also have some unexplained bruises (possibly from the wardrobe?) And several calls to people I've not spoken to in years in my call log.

All in all a mess of a day/night...

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I took a half day off work on New Years Eve and met some friends, started drinking at 2. Ended up locking myself out of my flat, having to call an emergency locksmith, and then waking up around 5, on the floor, with my wardrobe tipped over an no memory of how it happened. I also have some unexplained bruises (possibly from the wardrobe?) And several calls to people I've not spoken to in years in my call log.

All in all a mess of a day/night...

I’m just glad you’re fine. And so is the wardrobe, I suppose?

I might soon start on the gin&tonics. Because boy, I need them. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m just glad you’re fine. And so is the wardrobe, I suppose?

I might soon start on the gin&tonics. Because boy, I need them. 

The wardrobe is missing a door.

And I found my keys in my shoe.

:dunno:

I'm back to work tomorrow but I fully endorse starting the G&Ts

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sounds like a kickass New Year's.  A blackout without at least three calls to people you haven't spoken to in years (and immediately regret calling) is considered a dull affair.

22 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The wardrobe is missing a door.

And I found my keys in my shoe.

:dunno:

I'm back to work tomorrow but I fully endorse starting the G&Ts

:lol: The door may yet turn up too, perhaps in your handbag. 

I quickly ran out of gin. I had only two and a half shots left in the bottle it appears. Was nice while it lasted… I should probably drink the rest of my liquor cabinet before I restock. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: The door may yet turn up too, perhaps in your handbag. 

I quickly ran out of gin. I had only two and a half shots left in the bottle it appears. Was nice while it lasted… I should probably drink the rest of my liquor cabinet before I restock. 

Oh I have the door, its just detached from the wardrobe, I need to go find a toolbox and see if I can fix it.