Cricket 42: The answer to life, the universe, and the inevitable English batting collapse

Xray the Enforcer

Fantastic effort from Wade, with a little bit of fortune in there, to carry Australia over the line.

You have to feel a bit of sympathy for the bowlers in T20s though, Shaheen’s been brilliant but he has a bad few balls and it all doesn’t matter.

I guess I underestimated Australia’s batting in this tournament. Maxwell has barely scored a run and yet they are still winning.

I agree about sympathy for bowlers, especially in the second innings when the batters know the equation.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Fantastic effort from Wade, with a little bit of fortune in there, to carry Australia over the line.

It did look for a while that Australia were heading for defeat after Warner's dismissal but Australia do bat fairly deep, Wade definitely dragged them to victory there.

7 hours ago, Impmk2 said:

There might be 20 some million Australians who would be quite happy.

But do any of them think that their team actually deserves to win? :P

Losing Conway to a ridiculous injury will hurt NZ on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Paxter said:

But do any of them think that their team actually deserves to win? :P

Not really but we'll take it!

6 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Jingoism isn't exclusive to the average Indian fan(atic) and pro-tRump boomer I expect

Fanatical support of their team is the hallmark of basically any sports fan ever, in my experience. 

58 minutes ago, Impmk2 said:

Fanatical support of their team is the hallmark of basically any sports fan ever, in my experience. 

There are exceptions to every rule!

I have zero fanatical team support for any of the sports I follow. Certainly I have never had a favourite cricketing nation - though I lean towards whoever is playing against Australia. 

If you told me three years ago that NZ would contest the next three ICC Men's World Cup or Series finals, I would've suppressed a chuckle and asked if a global pandemic was coming as well.   

The ODI World Cup final was a heartbreak but a fantastic game, I can still re-watch the extended highlights for all the drama. The Test series' one test final was a surprise it got played and then a pleasing and satisfying outcome - thank the gods for the sixth day. This T20 World Cup hasn't drawn my interest much, but I hope the final is an engaging match, and if NZ come out on top, that would be an outstanding cap to the team's campaign over the last few years. 

I'm no @Paxter but I'm fairly meh about this Australian team too.

It would be nice for the Kiwis to add another trophy to their ICC World Test Championship. They're a pretty special team from a tiny population and deserve to rack up as many accolades as they can with this generation of cricketers.

11 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Williamson seems to be trying to compensate for that. 

Yeah, 22 off that Starc over doesn’t hurt. Great performance by Williamson.

I still really hate the cheerleading stadium announcers. Just shut up ffs!

Archived