Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SpaceChampion

The Matrix Resurrections

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

ok, what...   The movie The Matrix seems to be projected onto a screen I think twice in the trailer.  Like, the 1999 movie exists in whatever world Resurrections is.

Well if this is a new cycle, then Neo, the One , the anomaly, may have retained memories of his previous life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

ok, what...   The movie The Matrix seems to be projected onto a screen I think twice in the trailer.  Like, the 1999 movie exists in whatever world Resurrections is.

That’s an interestingly meta angle.  Is Keanu going to be playing Keanu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is like a bunch of children who can't wait until Christmas to open their presents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That thought actually crossed my mind after watching .. well, a series that I guess I can’t say as it’d be a spoiler. Cancelled Netflix series.

Spoiler

The OA, in which they travel to a reality where The OA the Netflix series exists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s an interestingly meta angle.  Is Keanu going to be playing Keanu?

I love that idea but he gets referred to as Mr Anderson and Neo, unless he’s playing an actor called Thomas Anderson who played Neo in The Matrix. And he also doesn’t recognise Carrie Anne Moss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its more likely that he is seeing the previous Neo in the background in a similar callback scene to the architect one in reloaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are overthinking it. He does appear to be the same Neo we met in the OG trilogy (we see an out-of-Matrix shot of him and he still has the burned-out eye sockets from Resurrections whilst appearing to be older). My guess is the machines blue-pilled and returned him to the Matrix as thanks - sort of - after he defeated Smith, and maybe because they wanted to keep the reboot code handy in case they ever needed it again.

The images on the movie screen are probably from Jessica Henwick and maybe YoungMorpheus(?) using images from his past to try to reawaken his memories. We saw the Architect had access to all of Neo's memories (and apparently possible futures) on his absurd mega-bank of TVs in Reloaded, so they may have just tapped into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I think people are overthinking it. He does appear to be the same Neo we met in the OG trilogy (we see an out-of-Matrix shot of him and he still has the burned-out eye sockets from Resurrections whilst appearing to be older). My guess is the machines blue-pilled and returned him to the Matrix as thanks - sort of - after he defeated Smith, and maybe because they wanted to keep the reboot code handy in case they ever needed it again.

The images on the movie screen are probably from Jessica Henwick and maybe YoungMorpheus(?) using images from his past to try to reawaken his memories. We saw the Architect had access to all of Neo's memories (and apparently possible futures) on his absurd mega-bank of TVs in Reloaded, so they may have just tapped into that.

It’s strange that the image of Neo and his first awakening is interposed over a firefight scene.  Was the empty eye image from early in the trailer when Neo is in the Counselor’s office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Werthead said:

 

Wow, well spotted. 

I guess they probably rebuilt Trinity and reinserted her as well.

The Neil Patrick Harris character is probably a machine program inserted to keep an eye on Neo and make sure he doesn't reawaken; keep feeding him blue pills.

Just wonder how a young Morpheus enters the picture (and it is apparently Morpheus according to the actor, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...