US Politics: Maniac Manchin

A Horse Named Stranger

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, just saying it's frustrating.  If pork could be a solution great, but I'm not optimistic.

Hear that.  Honestly state tax differentials are frustrating in general.  

I am personally more frustrated by all the goodies in the bill for real estate.  It's maddening.

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Hmm not a lot of discussion on the recall in California tonight. As a native Californian it’s really nauseating since I fully expect a massive polling error giving my state a trump as it’s governor.

Perhaps there's no discussion because there's absolutely no indication of a massive polling error and Newsom is, at the moment, winning the actual results at about a 70/30 clip with 44 percent reporting.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The In person voting today hasn’t been counted yet. 

And? DMC is right regarding the margins, and Republicans will only make up 5-10% at best in the next hour or two. This seems like a lock.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The In person voting today hasn’t been counted yet. 

Yes but in counties fully reporting "no" is running ahead of Newsom's vote in 2018 - when he won with 62%.  Drudge has already called the race.

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

And I am an irrational pessimist who assumes the worst case scenario must be the most likely one.

I plan for the worst too, but that doesn't mean I also plan for my sports team being attacked by aliens when they're up four with a minute to go. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I plan for the worst too, but that doesn't mean I also plan for my sports team being attacked by aliens when they're up four with a minute to go. 

If I was a sports fan and more clever I would make a veiled roast to a sports team I don’t like having a greater chance of that happening then some particular feat.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

If I was a sports fan and more clever I would make a veiled roast to a sports team I don’t like having a greater chance of that happening then some particular feat.

New York Jets

9 hours ago, Fez said:

I think most Republicans don't actually believe there is fraud. They say there is because it's expected of them, and it gets liberals mad, and they may pretend to believe. But deep down many of them know it's not true.

It's possible that a guy running for President on his third or fourth try who finally wins his first primary after almost every other opponent drops out in Carolina prior to voting, gets the highest number of votes for President in history.  But hey, millions of Wednesday morning voters in exactly the close states controlled by Democrat Secretaries of State needed can't be wrong. 

Also, it's possible that the Sultan of Brunei will name me his sole heir and beneficiary.

8 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

We’ll know by tonight. I personally expect he’ll narrowly win—I do not think there’s an insignificant chance he’ll lose. but I strongly urge anyone who hasn’t voted yet to try to do so if they’re able.

Gavin will win convincingly.  Sure a majority of voters wanted him out to force the recall election.  But an even larger majority is going to vote that he should stay.  Trust the process.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you were a Seattle sports fan, you would assume this at all times. I mean I witnessed the Utah Jazz fans throwing fing ice at the noble and heroic Supersonics, huge bricks of the stuff. And the refs refused to see it.

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

It's possible that a guy running for President on his third or fourth try who finally wins his first primary after almost every other opponent drops out in Carolina prior to voting, gets the highest number of votes for President in history.  But hey, millions of Wednesday morning voters in exactly the close states controlled by Democrat Secretaries of State needed can't be wrong. 

Disregarding the fact "Wednesday morning voters" is a complete and utter falsehood, Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropped out AFTER the South Carolina primary, not before.  If you're going to propagate ludicrously stupid conspiracy theories, at least get the timing right.

Archived