Sign in to follow this  
A Horse Named Stranger

US Politics: Maniac Manchin

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The In person voting today hasn’t been counted yet. 

And? DMC is right regarding the margins, and Republicans will only make up 5-10% at best in the next hour or two. This seems like a lock.

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Regardless, according to the Republicans who got their hands on a time travelling machine it was rigged. Take out the pitchforks!!!

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yes but in counties fully reporting "no" is running ahead of Newsom's vote in 2018 - when he won with 62%.  Drudge has already called the race.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

And? DMC is right regarding the margins, and Republicans will only make up 5-10% at best in the next hour or two. This seems like a lock.

And I am an irrational pessimist who assumes the worst case scenario must be the most likely one.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Yes but in counties fully reporting "no" is running ahead of Newsom's vote in 2018 - when he won with 62%.  Drudge has already called the race.

Clearly Drudge is in on the voter fraud! 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

And I am an irrational pessimist who assumes the worst case scenario must be the most likely one.

I plan for the worst too, but that doesn't mean I also plan for my sports team being attacked by aliens when they're up four with a minute to go. 

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Well at least you're an honest and self-aware one.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I plan for the worst too, but that doesn't mean I also plan for my sports team being attacked by aliens when they're up four with a minute to go. 

If I was a sports fan and more clever I would make a veiled roast to a sports team I don’t like having a greater chance of that happening then some particular feat.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

If I was a sports fan and more clever I would make a veiled roast to a sports team I don’t like having a greater chance of that happening then some particular feat.

New York Jets

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Everybody's called it by now.  Don't worry @Varysblackfyre321, you don't have to root for the Jets.

Awe, you could have sent him to the Met Gala looking like this:

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

Everybody's called it by now.  Don't worry @Varysblackfyre321, you don't have to root for the Jets.

I'd like to report this post right here for an unwarranted personal attack.

...fuck my team sucks.

9 hours ago, Fez said:

I think most Republicans don't actually believe there is fraud. They say there is because it's expected of them, and it gets liberals mad, and they may pretend to believe. But deep down many of them know it's not true.

It's possible that a guy running for President on his third or fourth try who finally wins his first primary after almost every other opponent drops out in Carolina prior to voting, gets the highest number of votes for President in history.  But hey, millions of Wednesday morning voters in exactly the close states controlled by Democrat Secretaries of State needed can't be wrong. 

Also, it's possible that the Sultan of Brunei will name me his sole heir and beneficiary.

8 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

We’ll know by tonight. I personally expect he’ll narrowly win—I do not think there’s an insignificant chance he’ll lose. but I strongly urge anyone who hasn’t voted yet to try to do so if they’re able.

Gavin will win convincingly.  Sure a majority of voters wanted him out to force the recall election.  But an even larger majority is going to vote that he should stay.  Trust the process.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you were a Seattle sports fan, you would assume this at all times. I mean I witnessed the Utah Jazz fans throwing fing ice at the noble and heroic Supersonics, huge bricks of the stuff. And the refs refused to see it.

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

It's possible that a guy running for President on his third or fourth try who finally wins his first primary after almost every other opponent drops out in Carolina prior to voting, gets the highest number of votes for President in history.  But hey, millions of Wednesday morning voters in exactly the close states controlled by Democrat Secretaries of State needed can't be wrong. 

Disregarding the fact "Wednesday morning voters" is a complete and utter falsehood, Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropped out AFTER the South Carolina primary, not before.  If you're going to propagate ludicrously stupid conspiracy theories, at least get the timing right.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Disregarding the fact "Wednesday morning voters" is a complete and utter falsehood, Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropped out AFTER the South Carolina primary, not before.  If you're going to propagate ludicrously stupid conspiracy theories, at least get the timing right.

Please note he is not an ignorant man.

He simply makes outlandish statements and sits back comfortably as his opposition treats him as some authority that must convinced.

A shocking result. I guess Senator Feinstein does not need to retire now?

Newsom beats California recall
The governor will remain in office after crushing a conservative-driven effort in the blue state.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/14/california-recall-election-newsom-511858

OAKLAND — Gov. Gavin Newsom will remain California’s governor after voters decisively rejected an effort to recall him in Tuesday's election.

The conservative-driven effort to topple Newsom always faced long odds in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans by some five million voters and Newsom cruised to a 24-point landslide in 2018. Democrats relied on a drumbeat of catastrophic warnings about a conservative Republican governor to motivate their base after fearing that lackluster turnout could cost them the election.

With 8.1 million votes counted, Newsom was crushing the recall by a 2-to-1 margin, according to results updated at 9:10 p.m. Pacific Time. That difference is expected to tighten as Election Day votes come in, but Republican ballots aren't expected to come close to bridging the gap.

"I'm humbled and I'm grateful to the millions and millions of Californians that exercised their fundamental right to vote and express themselves so overwhelmingly by rejecting the division, by rejecting the cynicism," Newsom said Tuesday night in a 5-minute victory speech in Sacramento. "By rejecting so much of the negativity that's defined our politics in this country over the course of so many years."

The governor will now enter the final year of his first term in a position of strength. He is expected to stand for reelection in 2022, and Republicans’ failure to oust him in an off-year special election fueled by conservative grievances suggests they face a steep fight to defeat Newsom next year.

28 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

A shocking result. I guess Senator Feinstein does not need to retire now?

Probably not.

Though As soon as possible the Democratic Party needs to scrap this recall process for something more practical for democracy.

58 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Also, it's possible that the Sultan of Brunei will name me his sole heir and beneficiary.

Gavin will win convincingly.  Sure a majority of voters wanted him out to force the recall election.  But an even larger majority is going to vote that he should stay.  Trust the process.

You should personally stop voting if you don’t like the outcomes - if you don’t trust the process, your time could be better used elsewhere. Like drinking and watching sports - or are those highly-scrutinized spectacles rigged too?  Maybe everything you don’t like should just be met with “fake news” and whataboutism - it’s probably just best to sit back and moan about masks and refuse any information provided by anyone.