Tennis the 9th: Medical times out and teenage superstars

Which Tyler

On 1/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, mnedel said:

the date of sampling is 16th December and it takes 24-48h to receive results. Those events were the next day so it is quite possible he wasn’t aware he was positive. Afterwards, he wasn’t seen in public for a week which is the minimum quarantine time in Serbia after testing positive. 

Actually, according to a letter submitted to the court, on 16th December he received a positive PCR test, not just took a test. And he was seen maskless in public on several occasions on both 17th and 18th December.

Tennis Australia fucked up alright, but only because they misled him to believe covid infection in the last couple of weeks is a ground to exemption. It's not (not to foreigners anyway), so he still shouldn't be allowed into the country. Tennis Australia owes him the cost of the trip though.

18 minutes ago, john said:

It’s true, I have no sympathy for an anti vaxxer. But an exemption is an exemption. Sounds like Tennis Australia fucked up.

Count me amongst those who believe the selfish cunt never had Covid at all on the 16th of December.

And even if he did, this was his strategy for gaining entry to Australia?  GTFOH.

10 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Count me amongst those who believe the selfish cunt never had Covid at all on the 16th of December.

And even if he did, this was his strategy for gaining entry to Australia?  GTFOH.

Call me a bit skeptical as well. Initially I saw reports that his team first applied for an exemption prior to him getting a positive test with the same justification, but I haven't seen any follow ups to it since. 

22 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, but you always believe the worst of things Spocky. :P 

ok, yes, maybe but that only means they both fucked up, plus all the people who are supposed to advise him fucked up plus some kind of Serbian authority fucked up. I believe they call it a clusterfuck.

21 minutes ago, john said:

Yeah, but you always believe the worst of things Spocky. :P 

I feel sorry for the people who believe that Djokivic had Covid on the 16th of December, that he caught it accidentally, that this was a right old stroke of luck, because, up until that point, he had no intention of travelling to Australia to defend his title.

Those people are morons.

28 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I feel sorry for the people who believe that Djokivic had Covid on the 16th of December, that he caught it accidentally, that this was a right old stroke of luck, because, up until that point, he had no intention of travelling to Australia to defend his title.

Those people are morons.

I hope he has faked it, then catches it during the tournament. Absolute prick.

If nothing else his blatant ignoring of the rules following his alleged 'positive' should exclude him from entry to the country and tournament, as he has shown he won't follow protocols. 

5 hours ago, john said:

They now have to re cancel it on different grounds, right? It’s crazy, he already has a reputation for being booed, how is it going to be if he plays? Although if there’s any player equipped to ignore a hostile crowd it’s him.

Apparently their Minister of Immigration can cancel his visa anyway, even after the judge's ruling. Thats whats being debated apparently. It would (apparently) also have the consequence that he will not be allowed to enter Australia for 3 years at all, if the Minister executes this option.

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Apparently their Minister of Immigration can cancel his visa anyway, even after the judge's ruling. Thats whats being debated apparently. It would (apparently) also have the consequence that he will not be allowed to enter Australia for 3 years at all, if the Minister executes this option.

Just fucking do it.
If he wins, he should never be considered the "best player ever", based on him cheating to enter.

4 hours ago, john said:

It’s true, I have no sympathy for an anti vaxxer. But an exemption is an exemption. Sounds like Tennis Australia fucked up.

It's not Tennis Australia who decides who can enter the country. He fucked up. He had a full year to get a vaccine.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:32 AM, mnedel said:

Also, the date of sampling is 16th December and it takes 24-48h to receive results.

No, it doesn't. I had a PCR test in Serbia on December 31st and had my result within 2 hours.

19 hours ago, john said:

They now have to re cancel it on different grounds, right? It’s crazy, he already has a reputation for being booed, how is it going to be if he plays? Although if there’s any player equipped to ignore a hostile crowd it’s him.

Wasn't AO one of the rare tournaments where he was actually a fan favourite? I don't remember the crowd ever booed him there like they did in Wimbledon and US Open.

15 hours ago, Spockydog said:

There are a few things that point out he didn't have it, but there's nothing that could be clearly proven.

I know some people he was in direct contact with on December 16th and the guy never even let them know he tested positive, which is the common courtesy and the least he could do. He's either extremely inconsiderate or he faked his test. Whatever it was, he's an asshole.

Apparently now being investigated whether he made a false declaration on the visa application that he had no plans to travel in the fourteen days before he flew to Australia, which is contradicted again by his social media.

3 hours ago, baxus said:

No, it doesn't. I had a PCR test in Serbia on December 31st and had my result within 2 hours.

Wasn't AO one of the rare tournaments where he was actually a fan favourite? I don't remember the crowd ever booed him there like they did in Wimbledon and US Open.

There are a few things that point out he didn't have it, but there's nothing that could be clearly proven.

I know some people he was in direct contact with on December 16th and the guy never even let them know he tested positive, which is the common courtesy and the least he could do. He's either extremely inconsiderate or he faked his test. Whatever it was, he's an asshole.

Well, I took a PCR test in Serbia last week. I just looked at my inbox and it was 25h between when I took the test and when I received the results by email. You can receive the results in several hours but usually it is around 24h. It depends on the time of day you take the test and how many other people are being tested in the country. I am also skeptical you can get a result in less than 2h. As a molecular biologist, I work with Real Time PCR all the time (not covid tests however) and we always do about 40 cycles per run for various analysis which takes around 1h 30 minutes for the machine to complete. Just checked the covid experimental protocol (I’m bored lol) and the run takes 75 minutes. But that is just the run. Before that you need to take the sample, transport it to the laboratory that does the tests, isolate the RNA (takes about 30 min to 1h depending on the kit), load the sample on the plate, set up the machine, do the run, analyses the results, add the result to the government database and then send the email. Maybe you did some other type of test, not PCR.

Archived