NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

Discussion continues.

I actually thought the Bears didn’t look terrible in a game against what is likely a top 5 NFL team last night.  Given that everyone in their division lost and looked varying degrees of terribad; they could certainly still be a playoff team.

And in the other end of the spectrum; the NFC West is going to be brutal.

Glad to have football back.

The Bears played better than the Colts, despite getting scored on more. Seattle completely turtled up in the 2nd half because they knew that the Colts didn't have it in 'em to score 11 points in a half. Russel just salted the game away. 

Wentz actually didn't play all that bad considering how fucking abysmal the o line was. Seriously, it was terribad. Julien Davenport (the guy playing LT while Eric Fisher rehabs an achilles torn this calendar year) was expected to get worked on, but on multiple plays the RT (named Braden Smith and making 15 million monies a year) might as well have been a cloud of vapor for all the physical resistance he offered against the pass rush. And the tackles weren't alone in being awful, the center kept getting beat and both of the guards failed to generate any push at all. So in summation the O line was universally terrible. And I don't know a single player on that Seattle D line! What is Aaron Donald gonna do to these chumps!?!

Thankfully the TE, Jack Doyle, hasn't been useful in 3 years and shows no signs of speeding up. The first pass for the Colts they tried to get Doyle one on one vs Bobby Wagner and the display was pathetic. Last time I took note of Doyle. 

Paris Campbell was a specter, in the incorporeal sense. Michael Pittman Jr did nothing. Zach Paschal had two touchdowns but less than 50 yards. The RBs lead the team in receptions and averaged 3.5 a carry.

Oh, it's like Christmas! I was told that I was 'glowing' during the game. Wearing my Reggie Wayne jersey and soaking in 6 months of woeful predictions come true. :lmao:

Generally the front office in Indianapolis hasn't put together a decent o-line since Manning.  Thusly did they hasten the exit of Luck as well.  Don't put down any large bets on Wentz playing a complete season.

The Jacksonville team looked really behind in terms of preparation, like good athletes who had just been introduced to each other and the game of football about 15 minutes prior to kick-off.  And the receivers had hands of stone - so many balls hitting them in the hands, the helmet, and the chest were just dropped.

Tyrod Taylor continues to play attractive football every time I see him, although he is in a different uniform each time he comes to my attention.  He must have some really poor career luck.  Well, I guess that is obvious since he is playing in Houston.

Stafford looked like a champion now that he has escaped Detroit.  Now just imagine the careers of Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders in some other city.  

What is going on with the NFL game cameras?  After scores and in certain close shots, the focus of the background is horribly fuzzy, like an amateur was given a 1980s-style VHS camera.  It is severely off-putting.

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well Fitzmagic to the IR already. Heineke to the rescue

It's a real shame that Heineke is not actually good.  He looked decent (not great) in the playoff game vs TB, but that was because Tampa had clearly been prepping for Fitzpatrick all week, and they are very different players.  Once teams know what to expect with Heineke, I fully expect some really ugly performances. 

27 minutes ago, Kaligator said:

He's well-liked by other douchebags and the NFL has no accountability.

I didn’t even know he was still in the league.  That feels like it was 20 years ago.

7 hours ago, Kaligator said:

He's well-liked by other douchebags and the NFL has no accountability.

I've been digging listening to the Mannings break the game down, but Peyton just said the Raiders are missing him because he's a calming presence. This is the guy who just a few years ago was throwing weights at people in a gym claiming the government was spying on him.

The Bears showed periods of competence against a very good Rams team, interspersed by moments of genius self-destruction.  Some of those blown coverages were staggering.

Maybe there’s something there for them to grow into.  Montgomery ran very well and Dalton can actually make throws, although the receiver corps is pretty thin beyond Robinson.  The secondary used to be an area of strength — Fangio and Pagano left big shoes to fill, but it shouldn’t fall apart that quickly.

Seahawks we’re scorching hot with their long passing game.  It’s hard to tell if their line, either line, has improved enough because they weren’t worked very hard by the Colts.

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Not sure I've ever seen two non-tanking teams trying harder to lose a game.

Between the final four minutes in the 4th and OT, how many "Oh fuck, we blew it" moments were there? It's gotta be at least a half dozen.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Between the final four minutes in the 4th and OT, how many "Oh fuck, we blew it" moments were there? It's gotta be at least a half dozen.

Best comment I saw this morning:

”Can’t believe Jackson shit himself on Monday Night Football again.”

:lol:

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Best comment I saw this morning:

”Can’t believe Jackson shit himself on Monday Night Football again.”

:lol:

To be fair that Raiders pass rush is for real. He was running for his life all evening. 

Archived