NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

Okay… analytics nerds help me out here.

SF is up 17-3.  4 minutes to play.  Philly scores and it’s 17-9.  An extra point makes it 17-10 and is the typical play.

But Philly goes for two and makes it 17-11.

Why?  What’s the real advantage there?  You think you can get two FGs?  Set yourself up to win with a TD instead of tie?

Seems too much of a risk for me.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

He's still frustrating as hell.  Seems like Shanahan forgot his whole plan to "work Lance in."

Its easy to work him in when you're winning comfortably... but its a whole other level of commitment to go ahead and do it in a tight game no matter what your intentions are.

Reading over some of the early lines... Lawrence was 14-33 for 118 yards.  Wilson had the four picks.

Damn.  Just goes to show how hard it is to succeed in the NFL if your situation isn't just right.

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Its easy to work him in when you're winning comfortably... but its a whole other level of commitment to go ahead and do it in a tight game no matter what your intentions are.

Meh the offense wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders most of the game.  Thought there were plenty of opportunities to work Lance in - to their advantage - if he was actually committed to it.

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Reading over some of the early lines... Lawrence was 14-33 for 118 yards.  Wilson had the four picks.

Damn.  Just goes to show how hard it is to succeed in the NFL if your situation isn't just right.

It's also why there should be no rush to start your rookie QB if your team is absolute shit around him.

Also, the running back attrition for the Niners is getting to an alarming rate.  Wouldn't be surprised if Sermon is out indefinitely after exactly one snap and carry played.  Sounds like Hasty and Mitchell are banged up too.  At this rate, the Niners should significantly lower the unemployment rate by hiring running backs.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Also, the running back attrition for the Niners is getting to an alarming rate.  Wouldn't be surprised if Sermon is out indefinitely after exactly one snap and carry played.  Sounds like Hasty and Mitchell are banged up too.  At this rate, the Niners should significantly lower the unemployment rate by hiring running backs.

That stinks, but your team is built better to withstand that than any other team.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That stinks, but your team is built better to withstand that than any other team.

There are degrees, sir, degrees!  If Shanahan could just run himself out there he would have by now.  Plus the running game was not very productive this week statistically.  I think 3.4 (ETA - actually 3.1) YPC, which generally sucks.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

There are degrees, sir, degrees!  If Shanahan could just run himself out there he would have by now.  Plus the running game was not very productive this week statistically.  I think 3.4 (ETA - actually 3.1) YPC, which generally sucks.

I'm still bullish on the Niners.

Cook is a beast, getting 10+ yards seemingly every rush, and Kirk can scoot. 

ETA: Keep me alive Cousins and JJ!!! 

Archived