NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

1 hour ago, DMC said:

If Deebo can stay healthy it looks like he'll have a hell of a year.

Agreed.  And if Aiyuck can get out of the doghouse, he can be a legit threat opposite him.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cousins needs to be fined $1,000,000 each time he throws it well short on third and long. Get this trash out of my life. 

Did I ever share the story about Joey "fucking" Harrington throwing 4 straight out of bounds passes from FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL?

Don't ever whine to a Lions survivor!

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Okay… analytics nerds help me out here.

SF is up 17-3.  4 minutes to play.  Philly scores and it’s 17-9.  An extra point makes it 17-10 and is the typical play.

But Philly goes for two and makes it 17-11.

Why?  What’s the real advantage there?  You think you can get two FGs?  Set yourself up to win with a TD instead of tie?

Seems too much of a risk for me.

It’s to set up a win. You need two touchdowns - to win outright you need a 2 pt conversion. If you get it in the first try, you just need an extra point to win. If you miss, second shot at a 2 pointer to tie. If you’re going for 15 points, going for two on the first TD makes it more likely with less risk 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've got the ball on the 30, moving it with ease and there's 40 seconds left. So I sit  on it for a long FG. Just wow....

Defensive minded coach with a terrible defense, 2 years in a row. Zimm is a good coach, but he’ll never win a ring

32 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Defensive minded coach with a terrible defense, 2 years in a row. Zimm is a good coach, but he’ll never win a ring

Probably not. He's just not interested in the offensive side of the ball. You need a complete coach, and he isn't it.

Also, nice extra kick in the teeth, an hour or so ago it looked like I was likely to win at least four of my six FF games. Now I'll be lucky to win two. 

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Did I ever share the story about Joey "fucking" Harrington throwing 4 straight out of bounds passes from FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL?

Don't ever whine to a Lions survivor!

As a Browns fan, anyone who whines about their QB play can fuck the fuck off.  Baker Mayfield is the best QB we've had in forty years and we still don't know if he's good.

It’s hard to believe the Seahawks lost that game today.  They had a good lead at halftime and again early in the 4th.  The Titans are physically tough though, and their running game eventually stampeded over the Seahawks.  A missed extra point kick by Seattle allowed the tie and overtime — it’s small margins sometimes.

Bears won, though.  The defense carried them through that game with three interceptions and a fumble recovery.  It’s no small thing to win after losing the starting QB to injury before halftime.  Fields did ok as a back-up but he was wasteful in the red zone after two interceptions and the offense didn’t hold possession long enough in the 4th to see out the game more comfortably.  It’s tough for a rookie to play this early.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Probably not. He's just not interested in the offensive side of the ball. You need a complete coach, and he isn't it.

Also, nice extra kick in the teeth, an hour or so ago it looked like I was likely to win at least four of my six FF games. Now I'll be lucky to win two. 

Same, but you whooped my ass in B.  That team is just... not very good.

13 hours ago, briantw said:

As a Browns fan, anyone who whines about their QB play can fuck the fuck off.  Baker Mayfield is the best QB we've had in forty years and we still don't know if he's good.

I think Mayfield is pretty exciting, gimp knee Beckham, not so much.

Seriously wondering if Odel will ever be a Pro Bowl level player like he was early on?

9 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think Mayfield is pretty exciting, gimp knee Beckham, not so much.

Seriously wondering if Odel will ever be a Pro Bowl level player like he was early on?

Mayfield looked great yesterday.  Only two incomplete passes.  One was a pick, but it was the result of his rookie receiver giving up on a route because he didn’t want to get hit, and Stefanski tore into Schwartz on the sideline after the play.

Archived