NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

12 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Talk radio was commenting that Goodell was butthurt over some of Grudens emails disparaging the commish's manhood or something along those lines.

To be fair, pretty much anyone that said the sort of things that Gruden did about their boss would be fired immediately.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

To be fair, pretty much anyone that said the sort of things that Gruden did about their boss would be fired immediately.

Pretty sure Goodell is not remotely Gruden's boss nor has he ever been his boss. 

41 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

Pretty sure Goodell is not remotely Gruden's boss nor has he ever been his boss. 

I think it's close enough.  He runs the league that Gruden works for, and the commissioner basically has near unlimited power to fine or suspend NFL employees.  He likely can't directly fire someone like Gruden, as he is employed by the Raiders, but he can certainly lean on an owner to do so.  And from the little that Mark Davis has said about the incident, that seems like exactly what happened.  

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still can't tell if he's actually an NFL QB or not.

I think he could be but I also think Philly’s coaching staff is abysmal.  Every time Sanders gets the ball he does something with it, and yet they basically refuse to run the ball.  

27 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think he could be but I also think Philly’s coaching staff is abysmal.  Every time Sanders gets the ball he does something with it, and yet they basically refuse to run the ball.  

The coaching staff is bad. I heard people say their new HC was dumb prior to that terrible introductory press conference. Maybe better coaches could get a lot out of him, but to me he just looks like a college QB. He has an impressive 40 time yet he doesn’t look all that explosive like some of the other top mobile QBs, and his arm strength just isn’t there. He has the accuracy to hit wide open guys, but his passes don’t have the zip to consistently fit the ball in tight windows.

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The coaching staff is bad. I heard people say their new HC was dumb prior to that terrible introductory press conference. Maybe better coaches could get a lot out of him, but to me he just looks like a college QB. He has an impressive 40 time yet he doesn’t look all that explosive like some of the other top mobile QBs, and his arm strength just isn’t there. He has the accuracy to hit wide open guys, but his passes don’t have the zip to consistently fit the ball in tight windows.

This would have accurately described Kyler Murray his rookie season

53 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Difference being that Kyler was a 1st overall pick and the Iggles are gonna have three top-10 picks this year to move up and replace Hurts.

Gronk is out-

Report: Injured Rob Gronkowski Has Punctured Lung, 1 Broken Rib and 4 Cracked Ribs | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10013895-report-injured-rob-gronkowski-has-punctured-lung-1-broken-rib-and-4-cracked-ribs?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

4 hours ago, aceluby said:

Idk about that. I didn't see much of his rookie campaign, but his college tape is night and day with Hurts. He's a way more explosive and dynamic runner with an all around better arm. Hurts' limitations were obvious years ago when people weren't even sure if he'd make it to the NFL.

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Gronk is out-

Report: Injured Rob Gronkowski Has Punctured Lung, 1 Broken Rib and 4 Cracked Ribs | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10013895-report-injured-rob-gronkowski-has-punctured-lung-1-broken-rib-and-4-cracked-ribs?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Man, those ASU parties are no joke

Oof, what is the purpose of the out-of-focus cameras after every touchdown?

I walked over to my neighbors' place, where they had the Red Zone on.  After every score, the camera angle from the field is wildly out of focus.  I thought that my eyesight was going, but one of my other neighbors said that she was seeing (or not seeing) it as well.

Really strange, because it is consistent across every broadcast.

Archived