Rhom

NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@aceluby,

You make picks like a madman! Taking Chicago and Cincy? 

Have to take a few upsets here and there.  Chicago D was looking good the first couple weeks, so I thought that game would be closer (hence the 2 point bet on that one).  Cincy I was more confident since they've been looking pretty strong this year and the Pitt offense is pretty terrible.  

I'm pulling a you this year with the most correct picks, but sitting in 4th.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

It's deeply unfair that I regularly win the picks, but never land the confidence points. 

FF looks to be 4-2, off chance I get 5-1. The money team is a problem though which makes no sense given how stacked it is.

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

Have to take a few upsets here and there.  Chicago D was looking good the first couple weeks, so I thought that game would be closer (hence the 2 point bet on that one).  Cincy I was more confident since they've been looking pretty strong this year and the Pitt offense is pretty terrible.  

Pit was also without their best WR and best defensive player.  I think Juju got hurt during the game too.

Edited by briantw

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Pit was also without their best WR and best defensive player.  I think Juju got hurt during the game too.

Eh, the Bengals were missing one of their top WR’s in Tee Higgins, their CB1 in Trae Waynes (and Chidobe Awuzie went out during the game), and their starting RG in Xavier Su'a-Filo. Obviously Pitt not having Watt completely changes things, but the Bengals were missing some key players as well.

We've now beaten them in two straight games, so it’s not really like it was a fluke. 

7 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Eh, the Bengals were missing one of their top WR’s in Tee Higgins, their CB1 in Trae Waynes (and Chidobe Awuzie went out during the game), and their starting RG in Xavier Su'a-Filo. Obviously Pitt not having Watt completely changes things, but the Bengals were missing some key players as well.

We've now beaten them in two straight games, so it’s not really like it was a fluke. 

Didn't mean for that to seem disparaging to the Bengals.  A win is a win in the NFL.  Was just saying that aceluby's bet on the Bengals wasn't as crazy as it may have seemed.  The Bengals have a good offense when Burrow isn't getting murdered and the Steelers were missing some key defenders, and their already unimpressive offense was without Ben's favorite target.

On a different AFC North note:

Don't know that I would have guessed that TJ Watt would be ahead of JJ Watt.  :dunno: 

Cowboys continue to look good, granted it's against the eggles who are a little banged up but so are we on def. Still not confident in the defense, still see Jaylon Smith chasing plays instead of making them and the secondary looks amazing on a play and horrendous on another one. Loving what I see from Micah Parsons so far.