NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah that was shitty.  One of those games where about four inches one of 3 or 4 times would have flipped it.

Rules question.  If on the penultimate play no one touched the receiver, would the clock run out?  That is can you stop the clock with a time out during an active play or only after a whistle?  And as well, can only a coach call a time out in the NFL, or can any player on the field?

5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Yeah that was shitty.  One of those games where about four inches one of 3 or 4 times would have flipped it.

Rules question.  If on the penultimate play no one touched the receiver, would the clock run out?  That is can you stop the clock with a time out during an active play or only after a whistle?  And as well, can only a coach call a time out in the NFL, or can any player on the field?

You can “give yourself up” and I believe it finishes the play.  

I know I’ve seen QBs turn to the ref and call timeout; so I presume anyone can.

I thought tonight's game was going to be an ugly beatdown by the Steelers, and through the first half it was. I almost punted and turned switched to a movie, but decided I wanted to read a bit longer. Boy was that a good decision, because the Seahawks have been storming back and now the Steelers look like they're reeling. 

End of that Dallas game really screwed me in one of my fantasy leagues. Up 10 in OT, he had Lamb, I had Zuerline and Cooper. Only way I lose is a 50 yard touchdown. Couldn’t believe it. In that league I have the most points scored and am 3-3. Sometimes I really hate fantasy football 

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

End of that Dallas game really screwed me in one of my fantasy leagues. Up 10 in OT, he had Lamb, I had Zuerline and Cooper. Only way I lose is a 50 yard touchdown. Couldn’t believe it. In that league I have the most points scored and am 3-3. Sometimes I really hate fantasy football 

One season I won only four or five games despite running away with the total points scored. Felt like every other week I was second or third in points scored, but caught the other team's best game of the year. Then again I've made the playoffs several times before being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

That was a bad call by the Bills. I like being aggressive, but you have to know the Titans were selling out to stop the sneak up the middle. Roll it out and let Allen have a couple reads or a designed run, or just kick the easy FG and play for OT. Even if they converted that they weren't going to score and with such little time they'd probably have only one more shot before having to kick a FG anyways. 

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That was a bad call by the Bills. I like being aggressive, but you have to know the Titans were selling out to stop the sneak up the middle. Roll it out and let Allen have a couple reads or a designed run, or just kick the easy FG and play for OT. Even if they converted that they weren't going to score and with such little time they'd probably have only one more shot before having to kick a FG anyways. 

Yeah it seemed like a needlessly complex addition to the game situation. You had your chance to score, take your chances in overtime.

7 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Yeah it seemed like a needlessly complex addition to the game situation. You had your chance to score, take your chances in overtime.

The Bills couldn't stop the Titans, so I get why they went for the win. However, they called the one play the Titans had to be selling out on. If Allen boots out and scores with a pass or a run you suck it up and live with it. What you're not going to do is let him score up the middle, and Buffalo should have know they were going to sell out. Given the time and TO situation they should have known that even if they converted they were only going to have enough time to run a play or two before the had to kick a FG anyways. I think you have to either roll Allen out to the right with Diggs and another target and just let him decide if he's passing or running, or just kick a FG. Running a straight QB sneak up the middle was not a bright idea. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Seems like three seasons of Mahomes largely getting away with so many questionable plays is crashing in on him this season, and specifically in this game. 

His power was broken that night in Tampa. 

Archived