NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So I'm thinking to myself, what athletes life will the Ford family ruin next, with their oncoming No.1 pick from this slow moving train wreck of a 0-16 season ?

Its the Lions... so it'll be a wide receiver.

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

So by "bottom falling out" you meant "was consistently a top 5 QB for over a decade, but was never clearly #1"?  Seems like an odd choice of words for that, but ok...

I guess it depends how you want to look at it. Marino made the Pro Bowl his first five seasons and was All-Pro twice. He only went to the Pro Bowl four more times over the next twelve seasons, and one of those was clearly because of who he was, not his play. I think that would be the best player comp if you're looking for a QB that came in super hot and then leveled off.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So I'm thinking to myself, what athletes life will the Ford family ruin next, with their oncoming No.1 pick from this slow moving train wreck of a 0-16 season ?

*0-17. Learn the new lingo damnit! 

At least Jeff Fisher can never go 7-9 again. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

*0-17. Learn the new lingo damnit! 

At least Jeff Fisher can never go 7-9 again. 

It would be pretty amazing if we got an 0-17 team in the first year of having a seventeen game season.  

But the Lions still have some very winnable games in the pipeline.  They play the Eagles this week and also have games against the Bears, Broncos, and Falcons on the schedule.  I'd be kind of shocked if they actually went 0-17.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

It would be pretty amazing if we got an 0-17 team in the first year of having a seventeen game season.  

But the Lions still have some very winnable games in the pipeline.  They play the Eagles this week and also have games against the Bears, Broncos, and Falcons on the schedule.  I'd be kind of shocked if they actually went 0-17.

I agree.  When the Lions have looked bad they've looked BBAAAAADDD, but they've had some competitive games too.  They'll probably go 2-15. 

21 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I agree.  When the Lions have looked bad they've looked BBAAAAADDD, but they've had some competitive games too.  They'll probably go 2-15. 

They look too competently coached to be an 0-17 team.  They just lack talent.  Low end QB and their best WRs are their TE and RB.  Not a recipe for success.  

I did like seeing Campbell start breaking out the trick plays against the Rams on Sunday. He knew the team was outmatched and tried to keep the ball out of the Rams’ hands.  It ultimately failed, but it was the type of coaching that shows he’s learning and wiling to take some risks.

I do think it was a little shitty of Campbell to call out Goff last week, though.  Like, Goff isn’t good, but look at that WR room. The best WRs on the Lions wouldn’t even make the 53 on at least a handful of other NFL teams.  It’s not a team that is set up for QB success right now.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, briantw said:

They look too competently coached to be an 0-17 team.  They just lack talent.  Low end QB and their best WRs are their TE and RB.  Not a recipe for success.  

I did like seeing Campbell start breaking out the trick plays against the Rams on Sunday. He knew the team was outmatched and tried to keep the ball out of the Rams’ hands.  It ultimately failed, but it was the type of coaching that shows he’s learning and wiling to take some risks.

I do think it was a little shitty of Campbell to call out Goff last week, though.  Like, Goff isn’t good, but look at that WR room. The best WRs on the Lions wouldn’t even make the 53 on at least a handful of other NFL teams.  It’s not a team that is set up for QB success right now.

Yeah, when they lost every WR from last year and signed really no one you knew they were doomed. I also don't see 0-17, too many variables for them to lose them all. Could've won 2 by now.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, when they lost every WR from last year and signed really no one you knew they were doomed. I also don't see 0-17, too many variables for them to lose them all. Could've won 2 by now.

They should have a win over the Ravens, but the refs decided to swallow their whistles on a blatantly obvious delay of game penalty where the Ravens snapped the ball a full two seconds after the clock hits zero. 

The refs call that penalty and the Ravens are trying a Hail Mary instead of a field goal and almost certainly lose.

Archived