Sign in to follow this  
Which Tyler

Alanis Morissette - trigger warning for statutory rape

7 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I was maybe 17 or 18 when I hooked up with someone who was 35 - I had no idea of his age, and he met me at a bar, so he had no idea of mine. Anything below the legal age of consent is squicky, IMO.

interestingly enough, I thought Peebs was 50 when I met him, and he thought I was 30.

it took us weeks to discover that he’s 65 and I’m 46 :rofl: there’s been a lot of plastic surgery going on, here :rofl:

Again I say, It's more about protecting teenagers/young adults. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

If I had to make "rules" about it, the first one would be anyone over 25 should not be having sex with a teenager.  As for once both/all parties are over 25?  Then do whatever.

4 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

As you get older yes. It becomes much less of a problem.

But as I mentioned in the dating thread, it's more about protecting younger human beings. 

A 30 y/o fucking a 45 y/o. Who gives a shit? I don't.

A 30 y/o abusing a 15 y/o. That is a problem.

Agreed with 30 years old and someone 15. 18, though? Not my problem, there’s a legal age for a reason.

8 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Agreed with 30 years old and someone 15. 18, though? Not my problem, there’s a legal age for a reason.

Bullshit. You are an intelligent human being.

The legal age in the medieval times was what? As soon as a woman had her period?

You ever consider the arbitrary number that is the current legal age could possibly be wrong?

Edit: For Fuck's Sake. The current legal drinking age in the United States is still 21.

But it's OK for 18 y/o's to go to war and have sex with all and sundry because reasons.

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The legal age in the medieval times was what? As soon as a woman had her period?

You ever consider the arbitrary number that is the current legal age could possibly be wrong?

Of course it (legal age) could be wrong. DMC says 25.

However, if you can choose to die for your country, at age 18, IMO you should be able to choose to have sex with whomever you wish.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Idk dude. Early on in my freshman year of college I was at a party where everyone was either a freshman, sophomore, junior or HS senior. Except for the one person who wasn't, who also happened to be the girl I hooked up with. I made the assumption when she gave her grade that she meant in college.

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Of course it could be wrong. DMC says 25.

However, if you can choose to die for your country, IMO you should be able to choose to have sex with whomever you wish.

Yeah.... So maybe the age you are allowed to choose to die for your country is the problem and should be raised.

Not the other way around.

I agree with @DMC (If that is what he said)

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Legal age, eh. That'd be 14. So, just ebcause it's legal, doesn't mean it doesn't creep me out.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Legal age, eh. That'd be 14. So, just ebcause it's legal, doesn't mean it doesn't creep me out.

Yeah.  My point wasn't really about what's legal, just my own personal standards of what would creep me out and what wouldn't.

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yeah.... So maybe the age you are allowed to die for your country is the problem and should be raised.

Not the other way around.

I agree with @DMC (If that is what he said)

I dunno, I was theoretically old enough to choose my own university (as was my son) when I (and he) were both 17. That sets the stage of a life trajectory.

And he (and I) am in six figures of debt for his undergraduate education, so there are HUGE life decisions being made by young people.

I was maybe 22 when he was born, so I don’t think a 25 year old age of consent would have been workable for me, and I’d been having sex since I was 14 (with other people around my age) so a 25 year old legal age of choosing to die for your country / vote / get married would not be something I would support.

11 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I meant 18 and 30 is Not My Problem.

And that can be an 18 year old man and 30 year older woman.

I have SO MANY cougar hunting early 20-somethings after this near-50 year old ass that I say no to them. They don’t want ME, they want a cougar trophy.

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I meant 18 and 30 is Not My Problem.

Sure it is.

As I said, I believe you are an intelligent human being.

Just because the government you live under says something is legal does not make it "Not Your Problem".

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Negative.

Take a stand.

That 16 y/o to a 35 y/o is disgusting. 

What on earth are you even talking about? 

Half your age plus 7 years would make that age 24-25 yrs old.

Are you skim reading or didn't understand my post?

6 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What on earth are you even talking about? 

Half your age plus 7 years would make that age 24-25 yrs old.

Are you skim reading or didn't understand my post?

Are you not reading the thread?

You were the one who said they were neutral on the subject.

All those guys who think that 35/18 sounds icky talk about 18yo girls, right? I sense some underlying paternalism. 

Re:You were the one who said they were neutral on the subject.

Neutral on whether the formula Chats objected to was a glove fits all. 

As far as the rest of the subject I don't spend much time thinking on it as I haven't been single in many many years, so it's meh personally. On a society level stick to that formula if your having trouble on what's apropriate, that's why I put it out there.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Just now, DireWolfSpirit said:

Neutral on whether the formula Chats objected to was a glove fits all. 

As far as the rest of the subject I don't spend much time thinking on it as I haven't been single in many many years, so it's meh personally. On a society level stick to that formula if your having trouble on what's apropriate, that's why I put it out there.

:dunno:

You brought up the formula that was objected to.

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

:dunno:

You brought up the formula that was objected to.

Already responded in edit, you quoted too fast.

The whole thing is a nothing burger for many like myself, non single people, who are long out of the dating life.

There's literally no instance where I would have to deal with such choices.

9 minutes ago, kiko said:

All those guys who think that 35/18 sounds icky talk about 18yo girls, right? I sense some underlying paternalism. 

No, although that societal double standard certainly is there:

19 minutes ago, kiko said:

Since I'm the only one commenting I assume you mean me.

Negative. Try again.