Canadian Politics : Getting the right jab

maarsen

In election news this week, a protestor challenged Trudeau to fisticuffs and then hurled a slur at Trudeau's wife. 

The last guy to challenge Trudeau this way, a self proclaimed Special Forces soldier, came up the worst for doing so. Come to think of it he disappeared almost completely after the boxing humiliation Trudeau inflicted. 

3 hours ago, maarsen said:

In election news this week, a protestor challenged Trudeau to fisticuffs and then hurled a slur at Trudeau's wife. 

The last guy to challenge Trudeau this way, a self proclaimed Special Forces soldier, came up the worst for doing so. Come to think of it he disappeared almost completely after the boxing humiliation Trudeau inflicted. 

I'm not familiar with either of these events, what happened?

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

I'm not familiar with either of these events, what happened?

Patrick Brazeau, a Conservative Senator, challenged Justin to  boxing match for charity, and Trudeau beat the snot out of Brazeau. There is a YouTube video out there somewhere. 

The second incident was a protestor  wanting to punch Trudeau and calling his wife a vile slur. I think Trudeau senior taught Justin boxing as a young lad.  The protestor was lucky Justin didn't take his challenge. 

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

Patrick Brazeau, a Conservative Senator, challenged Justin to  boxing match for charity, and Trudeau beat the snot out of Brazeau. There is a YouTube video out there somewhere. 

The second incident was a protestor  wanting to punch Trudeau and calling his wife a vile slur. I think Trudeau senior taught Justin boxing as a young lad.  The protestor was lucky Justin didn't take his challenge. 

I didn't realize you meant Brazeau in the first case... he claimed to be special forces? He was a reservist.

28 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

I didn't realize you meant Brazeau in the first case... he claimed to be special forces? He was a reservist.

Anyone can claim to have been in the special forces. As soon as I saw that I figured he was bullshitting.

4 hours ago, maarsen said:

Anyone can claim to have been in the special forces. As soon as I saw that I figured he was bullshitting.

Absolutely, like technically a reservist can join CANSOFCOM, but the reality is if you're not willing to go full time I can't see you being picked over anyone reg forces.

I watched part of that Alberta press conference. Honestly, what a scumbag Kenney is. “I apologize”, the guy says, then goes on to say but not really, because you can’t keep the population in lockdown forever. No, you twit, you just don’t throw open everything like you’re an idiotic Republic state Governor. 

Good grief, take a look at the official announcement page on Facebook of Alberta’s new restrictions. I think it’s under Jason Kenney’s name. I started reading the comments, which appear to be mainly from Albertans. People saying things like how dare the government do this, you commie bastards, I don’t know who I hate more, Kenney or Trudeau, those numbers are lies, how can we have so many cases with 70% of the population vaccinated, 1,500 cases isn’t so bad, my body my choice, this has happened because Trudeau gave a billion dollar bribe, and so on and so on.

Well there you go, Canadians are as nutty as Americans.

If the Liberals can get enough seats that they only need the NDP for the balance of power, I'll call that a win. I've seen some peeps who dive deep on the ridings and some of them are saying there's now a chance for surprise Liberal majority, but I don't know. I'm skeptical.

Soooooooo, sooooooo, sooooooo glad we moved to BC, Alberta is an absolute gongshow, policy, pandemic, top to bottom.  

I have a lot of family and friends in Alberta - reasonable, left leaning folks who tend to live in Calgary and Edmonton.  I feel horrible for them all the time, but never more so than during this pandemic. Some of them have serious health issues and have been completely abandoned by their provincial government. Fuck Kenney.

What's happening in Alberta is horrible, but if there's any silver lining, it's that this is probably going to damage O'Toole in the final days of the race, especially since he's praised Kenney's pandemic response in the past.

49 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I have a lot of family and friends in Alberta - reasonable, left leaning folks who tend to live in Calgary and Edmonton.  I feel horrible for them all the time, but never more so than during this pandemic. Some of them have serious health issues and have been completely abandoned by their provincial government. Fuck Kenney.

What's happening in Alberta is horrible, but if there's any silver lining, it's that this is probably going to damage O'Toole in the final days of the race, especially since he's praised Kenney's pandemic response in the past.

I spent my 15 years in Alberta, in Calgary, yet sometimes wonder if it'd been Edmonton, would I have tried so hard to convince my ex that we needed to move both our households out of province, iono. 

Chatter is the Federal Conservatives are angry with Kenney for bringing in heavy restrictions now, that he'd agreed to wait until Tuesday. Not sure if that's true or not, such callous disregard wouldn't surprise me, but yeah, definitely hurt the Conservative cause, and ups chances of flipping a few tight Fed ridings in Edmonton and Calgary. 

16 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Not only were mics cut, but subsequent to this tweet someone apparently pulled the fire alarm lol 

I saw a bit of that press conference. He actually said that if the Conservatives had been in power Delta would never gotten into Canada. If you believe that, you’ve really drunk the kool-aid. He also complained about the $600 M election called in the middle of a fourth wave. Six weeks ago we weren’t in the middle of a 4th wave, and in any event, Alberta and Saskatchewan and even BC pretty well said through their public health policy that they wouldn’t be affected. No stinking 4th wave here!

26 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I saw a bit of that press conference. He actually said that if the Conservatives had been in power Delta would never gotten into Canada. If you believe that, you’ve really drunk the kool-aid. He also complained about the $600 M election called in the middle of a fourth wave. Six weeks ago we weren’t in the middle of a 4th wave, and in any event, Alberta and Saskatchewan and even BC pretty well said through their public health policy that they wouldn’t be affected. No stinking 4th wave here!

4th wave? Pfft. 

O'Toole: If I had hair, I'd do it to it!

Fuck out of here.

---

Singh was stating in a presser earlier today that Yes, Kenney is to blame for AB's sitch, but Trudeau contributed by calling an early election. Dude is just determined to prevent me from maintaining even a modicum of respect.  

3 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Singh was stating in a presser earlier today that Yes, Kenney is to blame for AB's sitch, but Trudeau contributed by calling an early election. Dude is just determined to prevent me from maintaining even a modicum of respect.  

Desperation I think. I do kind of feel sorry for him in that the NDP is effectively neutered when the Liberals are so good at at least acting like a progressive, centre-left government. 

CBC reporting tonight that some ill Alberta patients might be transferred to Ontario hospitals as a last resort. That's...a pretty long way to be airlifted!

Archived