Canadian Politics : Getting the right jab

maarsen

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

Given all the conspiracy theories about just that I'm surprised I haven't seen the conservatives talking about just that. What happened? Are they separated or is this just an issue of circumstance?

I took a quick look at some stories that suggest they’ve been living apart for almost a year.

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I took a quick look at some stories that suggest they’ve been living apart for almost a year.

Is this just recycling the news that they were apart and in isolation due to Covid infection last year? 

• 2 weeks later...

On the Covid front, Quebec posted 2,000 cases today for the first time since January.

It's fairly clear now that we will see a big rise in cases nation-wide over the next few months, with plenty of indoor gatherings and Delta still firing, but Omicron to replace it soon. Hopefully the child vacc and booster programs are enough to alleviate health-care system risks. But this is a more uncertain time for us than at any stage in the last year. 

I see reports that the Quebec government shut down 4,000 government websites because they were warned of flaws in their computer systems by the federal government. The federal government has also taken parts of it’s system down.

Apparently the flaws are in the “Apache Log4J” system. The governments are scrambling to develop patches to repair the weaknesses.

I’m sure we’ll be hearing more about this soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ontario's vaccine booking site is absolutely ridiculous.  Feels like it's not even connecting to a database of availability because every single possibility says Zero shots available.  Even after an hour of trying it finds a local site with 1 available shot and if I click on it in microseconds it still says "Andddd.... it's gone." 

Clearly Peel Region knows the Ontario site is trash too.  It made it's own site but so far it's only for 50+.  Maybe by the time of my 50th b-day next December I can get one.

Archived