Canadian Politics : Getting the right jab

maarsen

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

the Canadian version might as well go with some current professional wrestler, who are distinctively not Roddy Piper.

There are plenty of living Canadian professional wrestlers, albeit none with Piper's acting experience.  Jericho would be the obvious choice.

17 minutes ago, LynnS said:

What Justin Trudeau's junkyard dog thinks of Americans.  Brown and Blackistan?  Justin isn't the only one blinded by his priviledge.

website-butts.png (1200×580) (wp.com)

If only Trudeau just turned Canada over to the far-right autocrats calling for his head everything would be perfect. 

To be fair I don't remember a call here to discount the George Floyd protests due to a number of protestors burning down businesses, and attempting to burn down a federal courthouse.  I think we should at least be consistent with our criticism.

I think arguing their goals and overall tactics is fair game.  I certainly have an issue with both in this particular case.  But trying to cherry pick certain elements within the movement and smear the entire movement is hypocritical if you were willing to turn a blind eye to it in other protests.

3 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

To be fair I don't remember a call here to discount the George Floyd protests due to a number of protestors burning down businesses, and attempting to burn down a federal courthouse.  I think we should at least be consistent with our criticism.

I think arguing their goals and overall tactics is fair game.  I certainly have an issue with both in this particular case.  But trying to cherry pick certain elements within the movement and smear the entire movement is hypocritical if you were willing to turn a blind eye to it in other protests.

The people organizing and leading these protests are incredibly problematic.  That isn’t a problem?

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The people organizing and leading these protests are incredibly problematic.  That isn’t a problem?

There’s been a bunch of sketchy people involved in the BLM movement as well.  The issue is a large number of people have decided that this is an issue they wish to protest.  No one is forcing them into it.  Personally I have issues with their goals, and I have even more issues with their attempt to disrupt people’s lives.  It’s an issue I have with most of these organized protests.  I personally, don’t find it a compelling way to defend your beliefs and ideas.  But obviously many disagree.

14 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

To be fair I don't remember a call here to discount the George Floyd protests due to a number of protestors burning down businesses

True you can find individual bad actors in any large-scale movement.

As much as we sanitize the American civil rights there were riots there that make the riots that happened in 2020 look childish.

16 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I think arguing their goals and overall tactics is fair game.

To be Their goal for many of them is just an end to democracy and a white-ethnostate.

17 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

But trying to cherry pick certain elements within the movement and smear the entire movement is hypocritical if you were willing to turn a blind eye to it in other protests.

But can we awknowedge that not all movements are equally moral?

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

I don't recall the organizers of said protests being all for that.

Also I don't recall the goal of BLM being the overthrow of a democratically elected government cause you can't handle mild inconvenience. Which changes the allowable tactics.

Other provinces soon to follow suit.  The big issue for truckers has been the covid passport mandate.  They have been delivering our goods for two years without a problem.  The majority are vaccinated.  The Government wanted to extend the mandate across provinces.  It's not clear why they want to do this since the vaccination rate in Canada is close to 90% in all provinces.  

Archived