Canadian Politics : Getting the right jab

maarsen

11 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Oh hey another one, this one in Ottawa, that last one in Toronto, both saying pretty much the same thing.

Almost like there's inherent antisemitism baked into the organization of these protests.

@LynnS

Come on.  Give us an explanation for why this is no big deal to you.

It’s nauseating. How about all the nasty U.S. style Conservatives that want to make women into Handmaids? Now that’s who we need to be protesting. In Canada, the whole protect us women from birth control, and the Lost Civil War don’t play as well. The illegal funding is more difficult. Now that is wonderful!

You’re winning for now Canadian Politics Thread.

And for the last few days. 

But the U.S. Politics Thread will take the crown back soon enough.

You can’t out crazy us in the long term. No matter how hard you try. Or what outside talent you bring in  

:whip:

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

@LynnS

Come on.  Give us an explanation for why this is no big deal to you.

She won't answer.

Because this freedom convoy is nothing but a bunch of cowards celebrating their complete inaction during a global pandemic. Celebrating at the end of the road, as countries (including our own) lift more and more restrictions each week. Of course they will try to take credit for that.

Where was this fucking convoy last year?

These people did nothing for two years. They won't take a free vaccine. They won't wear a mask. They appear to not want to do anything to help their society.

But now they show up at the last minute, pretending to have a monopoly on patriotism, and claim they are fighting for all our freedoms? And that WE are the ones with hearts full of hate? 

Let me tell you something - no one in this fucking country wants restrictions. No one.

No one wanted to isolate in their house. No one wanted to miss Christmas. No one wanted to wear a mask all day. No one wanted to get a stick shoved up their nose.

Do you think that my aunt wanted to work ICU for two years straight - constant OT, no vacation? Does my uncle enjoy living in his ambulance? Does my cousin enjoy seeing empty four-tops in his restaurant? Does my wife enjoy having her school go from open to closed to open?

Of course not. All of them want restrictions to end. But we all know there is a difference between what we want and what we need to do. 

We all put up with it because most of us understand that, as citizens, we have an obligation to one another and we are willing to sacrifice personally for the greater good. That is the absolute opposite of having our hearts full of hate.

That is selfless. That is love for each other, and country.

This is not.

So don't pretend to fight for my freedom, when really you are just fighting for yourself.

Cheers

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You’re winning for now Canadian Politics Thread.

And for the last few days. 

But the U.S. Politics Thread will take the crown back soon enough.

You can’t out crazy us in the long term. No matter how hard you try. Or what outside talent you bring in  

:whip:

You mean, you will stop the brain drain from American crazies heading north?

2 hours ago, Lord of Oop North said:

She won't answer.

Because this freedom convoy is nothing but a bunch of cowards celebrating their complete inaction during a global pandemic. Celebrating at the end of the road, as countries (including our own) lift more and more restrictions each week. Of course they will try to take credit for that.

Where was this fucking convoy last year?

These people did nothing for two years. They won't take a free vaccine. They won't wear a mask. They appear to not want to do anything to help their society.

But now they show up at the last minute, pretending to have a monopoly on patriotism, and claim they are fighting for all our freedoms? And that WE are the ones with hearts full of hate? 

Let me tell you something - no one in this fucking country wants restrictions. No one.

No one wanted to isolate in their house. No one wanted to miss Christmas. No one wanted to wear a mask all day. No one wanted to get a stick shoved up their nose.

Do you think that my aunt wanted to work ICU for two years straight - constant OT, no vacation? Does my uncle enjoy living in his ambulance? Does my cousin enjoy seeing empty four-tops in his restaurant? Does my wife enjoy having her school go from open to closed to open?

Of course not. All of them want restrictions to end. But we all know there is a difference between what we want and what we need to do. 

We all put up with it because most of us understand that, as citizens, we have an obligation to one another and we are willing to sacrifice personally for the greater good. That is the absolute opposite of having our hearts full of hate.

That is selfless. That is love for each other, and country.

This is not.

So don't pretend to fight for my freedom, when really you are just fighting for yourself.

Cheers

What a great post. I'm from Canberra, Australia, and we're currently invaded by a similar convoy inspired by the Canadian convoy of covidiots (some of them carrying Canadian flags). There's been the usual protesting, stopping traffic, demands for the government to resign and some sort of weird, conspiracy protest outside the governor-general's residence over some secret list of paedophiles that they want released. Many of them have been wandering around the city maskless and unvaccinated, demanding entry to shops and pubs, despite an indoor mask mandate in Canberra, harassing staff and whinging about being discriminated against. When they don't get what they want, they've been targeting the business with abusive calls and/or 1 star reviews online. In a city that is 99 percent vaxxed, they haven't made many friends.

I was naive to think this sort of thing doesn't happen. but it does.

Chair of Trudeau-funded ‘anti-hate’ network spreads antisemitism hoax to smear Canadian truckers | The Post Millennial

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK8Z1loWYAcmzaA?format=jpg&name=small

Post has since been deleted.

Wow Bernie, isn't it incredible that the picture your "friend in Ottawa at the Occupation" sent you is identical to the photo posted on Twitter two weeks ago by someone in Miami, right down to the ceramic design in the background?

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

But they were kind-hearted arsonists, full of good will!

It's another hoax. 

So the story here is that last night, there was a mass murder plot in an Ottawa apt building, with one of the would-be killers telling a passer-by (for no apparent reason) he was a protestor. But no one calls 911, & Ottawa arson's unit finds out about it on twitter a day later.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

was naive to think this sort of thing doesn't happen. but it does.

So to be clear you’re never going to address any of the explicitly anti-democratic goals of the protest or say it’s wrong to work with people who believe in the white-replacement theory and an end to democracy in your country  right?

I don’t blame you; These people can’t be brushed off as false flags as easily as some random person in the crowd with a racist sign can be or excused as just individual bad actors with no significance.

Kinda ruins the portrayal of them just being some purer than thou martyrs that everyone need gawk at for their purity.

51 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So to be clear you’re never going to address any of the explicitly anti-democratic goals of the protest or say it’s wrong to work with people who believe in the white-replacement theory and an end to democracy in your country  right?

I've been shown one guy who is an idiot and not sure what part he played in organizing the convoy or parts of it.  Of the three who are officially organizers and have met with the press;  now that I know how the narrative has been distorted and the lengths that people will go to smear them; I'm not even going to entertain it.  One of the organizers is Jewish himself and has fought for gay right.  The woman involved has been involved in a few western political parties: Wild Rose and Wexit that can attract questionable types.  But she isn't and has left politics.  We see this with the Greens and the NDP attracting questionable types as well.  I don't see anything in their character that screams racist or neo-nazi. 

What appalls me is that Bernie Farber went on CBC and called the protesters the worst kind of racists and neo-nazi he's ever seen in spite of clear documented evidence that they are not.  Then he gets busted for trying to manufacture evidence of it.  Whart a scum bag.

What appalls me is how easily people are triggered by hoaxes and people like Bernie Farber without any due dilligence.

The police are now looking for the purple haired "arsonist" since credible video has been provided and he ain't one of the truckers..

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

I was naive to think this sort of thing doesn't happen. but it does.

Chair of Trudeau-funded ‘anti-hate’ network spreads antisemitism hoax to smear Canadian truckers | The Post Millennial

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK8Z1loWYAcmzaA?format=jpg&name=small

Post has since been deleted.

Wow Bernie, isn't it incredible that the picture your "friend in Ottawa at the Occupation" sent you is identical to the photo posted on Twitter two weeks ago by someone in Miami, right down to the ceramic design in the background?

You sound just like Trump supporters claiming 1/6/2021 had no Trump supporters participating in the attempt to storm the US Capitol.

Archived