Dune Spoiler Thread

polishgenius

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Really?  No… really… ?

:(

I didn't take it as bad news, but then I'm not familiar with the book or the previous movies. Really enjoyed part I though.

6 minutes ago, sifth said:

He Who.
Controls, The Spice.
Controls.
The, Universe.

I was trying to work out a joke before where someone hid the spice in the only place they knew the Harkonnens wouldn't find it but I gave up.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I was trying to work out a joke before where someone hid the spice in the only place they knew the Harkonnens wouldn't find it but I gave up.

Paul, this is your father's... *ring*. He gave it, to me, before he died. And y'know, he knew, the Harks would take it away. If they found it. So...

*Alternatively, your father's... Spice, Harvester...

On 3/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, SpaceChampion said:

It's got everything.  Yes, it's great Sci-Fi, but it's also a great fantasy novel, and as the reviewer says, it's a spaghetti Western, as well. The world-building is fascinating (even if Fremen society doesn't really work) .  You can enjoy it just as a great page-turner, or at a more philosophical level.

There is not much humour (unlike the reviewer, I don't find the book entirely devoid of humour) but that is not fatal, in this caese.

He fucking rocked in a serious role in King of New York, and was great in another super-serious role in True Romance. 

I'm totally for it. Ain't like they fucked up the casting prior to this. 

Archived