ASOIAF universe Fictional Books

Mugunthan Targaryen

After reading Fire and blood, I really wanted to experience the other fictional books in the asoiaf universe. I hope someone will write Jade compendium and nine voyages.  I know nine voyages is going to be a tv series but reading a sea adventure is more fun. I also like to read Dragon unatural history by septon barth. So guys,  Do you think GRRM will let someone to write the fictional books later someday? 

Welcome, @Mugunthan Targaryen!

I think I am pretty well positioned to say that while George might be willing to collaborate with someone on a project along those lines if he thought it'd be compelling both for him and for readers, he would want to be the predominant source of any new information.  And given his already-extant commitments, I can't see him agreeing to that any time soon.

18 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

How many fictional books do you mean, if you mean that he will write all the fictional ones then no that’s impossible, he may have another author do it, the two authors that helped him in writing The world of ice and fire. So it’s both yes and no

Not all books.... I thought it would be interesting to read few books like nine voyages ( I love to read sea adventures)  and Jade Compendium... Don't you want to know what Septon barth wrote in Unnatural History?  Also Lomas book? 

Just now, Mugunthan Targaryen said:

Not all books.... I thought it would be interesting to read few books like nine voyages ( I love to read sea adventures)  and Jade Compendium... Don't you want to know what Septon barth wrote in Unnatural History?  Also Lomas book? 

Yes but the issue is that no publisher will agree to these books. 

44 minutes ago, Ran said:

The Jade Compendium could be fun, but yeah, it's something George would want to largely write himself. Ditto, I'd guess, with the White Book.

That would be awesome though the white book will be a huge book.  I mean it's about every white cloaks... Not all chapters would be small one like the hound's.

The White Book is an excellent idea.  It's a book that would work fine as a collaboration with George and other authors, because the book itself is written by many different Lord Commanders and therefore it would include many different styles and approaches.

Also, as a way to avoid giving spoilers for the future D&E novellas, the fact that Dunk is illiterate could serve as an excuse to skip his tenure as Lord Commander.

32 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

Also, as a way to avoid giving spoilers for the future D&E novellas, the fact that Dunk is illiterate could serve as an excuse to skip his tenure as Lord Commander.

I don't think that would fly. My guess is that Dunk would either take his duty so seriously that he would learn to read and write by that time, or that he'd arrange to have someone else take his dictation (a fellow Kingsguard, a friendly septon or maester, perhaps even Egg himself).

Archived