Daenerysthegreat

13 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Now these are the five heroes of the series according to me

Dany

Arianne

Asha

Barristan

Cersei

According to you, they may be, but I suspect that, according to everybody else, including a certain fat guy in New Mexico,, they are not the main heroes.

At this point the main characters are:

Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Bran Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, and Tyrion Lannister, in roughly that order. 

Of these, Tyrion is the only one I can imagine dying anytime soon.  The rest have too much of their arc to do.  Jaime, Cersei, Theon, and Stannis have been main characters, but their day is nearing its end.  They are yesterday's news, and will likely die or be sidelined in the next books.  Asha could quite possibly pick up Theon's story, and Arianne might take Cersei's spot in KL, although that is pretty iffy.  Barristan is a POV pretty much for coverage.  He is supporting cast.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

According to you, they may be, but I suspect that, according to everybody else, including a certain fat guy in New Mexico,, they are not the main heroes.

Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Bran Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, and Tyrion Lannister, in roughly that order. 

Of these, Tyrion is the only one I can imagine dying anytime soon.  The rest have too much of their arc to do.  Jaime, Cersei, Theon, and Stannis have been main characters, but their day is nearing its end.  They are yesterday's news, and will likely die or be sidelined in the next books.  Asha could quite possibly pick up Theon's story, and Arianne might take Cersei's spot in KL, although that is pretty iffy.  Barristan is a POV pretty much for coverage.  He is supporting cast.

How tf is Barristan Selmy a guy(who is pretty badass) who was introduced in like the last chapters of ADWD one of the main characters of ASOIAF?

21 minutes ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

How tf is Barristan Selmy a guy(who is pretty badass) who was introduced in like the last chapters of ADWD one of the main characters of ASOIAF?

You would have to take that up with the original poster.;)  I certainly don't think he is a main character.  I mentioned him as purely support and coverage

By the way, while he became a POV only at the end of ADWD, he has been in the story from the early part of AGOT (he was introduced in Sansa's first chapter).

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

I agree with this. I would add Davos as a main character as well, since his contributions have so far been essential to the plot, particularly in ASoS. I do not see Tyrion dying any time soon. I suspect he will worm his way onto Dany's council and become a devil on her shoulder. Perhaps he might even serve as a dark mentor figure to her, in the same way the Stark kids have dark mentors.

4 hours ago, Nevets said:

Jon Snow is dead his arc is over. He has nothing to do as mel is our pov at the wall now. 

Arya stark is dead, or dying she will be dead soon. The faceless woman will kill her. Her face will be one of the many used by the faceless man. 

It was written that they were main characters but that was 28 years ago. The author will change this given the time he is taking writing the series. 

Barristan selmy has been one of the important characters since asos. Robb also wasn't a pov does that mean robb was not important, was robb supporting cast. 

13 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Jon Snow is dead his arc is over. He has nothing to do as mel is our pov at the wall now. 

Arya stark is dead, or dying she will be dead soon. The faceless woman will kill her. Her face will be one of the many used by the faceless man. 

It was written that they were main characters but that was 28 years ago. The author will change this given the time he is taking writing the series. 

Barristan selmy has been one of the important characters since asos. Robb also wasn't a pov does that mean robb was not important, was robb supporting cast. 

No, Barristan is not a major political player. Robb was. All Barristan was was an advisor to Dany. He didn’t even play a big part in his own POV chapters

15 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:
4 hours ago, Nevets said:

Just like Catelyn Stark and beric dondarrion. ;)

3 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

He isn't, but it's most likely his and Victarion's POVs we'll see the Battle of Meereen play out through. 

39 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Ever heard of resurrection, my lord? We do have a red priestess at hand. 

5 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

No, Barristan is not a major political player. Robb was. All Barristan was was an advisor to Dany. He didn’t even play a big part in his own POV chapters

He deposed hizdahr , saved day's life twice. That qualifies as major events I think. 

5 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Ever heard of resurrection, my lord? We do have a red priestess at hand. 

It would be extremely poor writing for mel's pov purpose to only be Jon's resurrection. 

Even if he gets resurrected there is 100 percent chance that he won't be a major character or protagonist anymore. His personality will be totally different. 

I think what many want is all their favorite characters living and their less favorite characters (dany, tyrion brienne) dying. That's not possible. 

3 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

I predict that we'll still be arguing about our Winds of Winter predictions in another five years.

No that's also wrong. The stupid show is over winds is coming out any day

5 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Even if he gets resurrected there is 100 percent chance that he won't be a major character or protagonist anymore. His personality will be totally different. 

Like it or not, he is a major POV, and a main character. Main characters don't become secondary. They are main characters until they die. Jon died, but his story isn't over, ressurection and stuff. 

Wether he will be different or not is debatable. I'd like to think we'll lose him as a POV, and someone around him becomes one, or something, but that doesn't minimize his role in the story in any way or scale. 

4 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Wether he will be different or not is debatable. I'd like to think we'll lose him as a POV, and someone around him becomes one, or something, but that doesn't minimize his role in the story in any way or scale. 

Im talking about whether he will be a protagonist or not. Theres a full chance he won't be. 

Catelyn kind, generous and motherly became stoneheart after her resurrection. Jon Snow, who threatened to kill gilly's child will become something worse if he is resurrected. 

I don't think the author will bring him back again. It feels like cheating the audience, except his crazy fans. Was ned stark brought back, was fan favorite robb brought back? Why on earth would the author bring back jon snow? His mother can be revealed in Areo hotah's chapters if Areo goes to starfall and meets wylla. Simple

1 hour ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Im talking about whether he will be a protagonist or not. Theres a full chance he won't be. 

Catelyn kind, generous and motherly became stoneheart after her resurrection. Jon Snow, who threatened to kill gilly's child will become something worse if he is resurrected. 

I don't think the author will bring him back again. It feels like cheating the audience, except his crazy fans. Was ned stark brought back, was fan favorite robb brought back? Why on earth would the author bring back jon snow? His mother can be revealed in Areo hotah's chapters if Areo goes to starfall and meets wylla. Simple

It's not about POVs. Catelyn was a POV to show us what happens around Robb. Robb was more impirtant than her (especially in the later books), yet we never got a POV of him. George wanted it that way. He wanted us not to know what's inside Robb. That didn't make him any less important. Just as Areo Hotah and Arys Oakheart weren't and aren't as important as the characters around them (altough they're much less important than Catelyn). 

That being said, Jon isn't a fan favorite. Most people don't like him or find his chapters boring. The reason he'll come back is that he has a role to play. Plot armor is a thing, George is just smart enough to hide who wear it. But Jon definitely does. So does Daenerys and Bran, along with Arya. Sam and Sansa as well, to some extent. 

36 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

It's not about POVs. Catelyn was a POV to show us what happens around Robb. Robb was more impirtant than her (especially in the later books), yet we never got a POV of him. George wanted it that way. He wanted us not to know what's inside Robb. That didn't make him any less important. Just as Areo Hotah and Arys Oakheart weren't and aren't as important as the characters around them (altough they're much less important than Catelyn). 

Thats not true catelyn is more important than robb. We see inside her head because she's the protagonist of her story. Robb is important because he is her son. The majority of things that move the story ahead are done by cat not robb. Robb doesn't even appear for almost all of the second book. 

37 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

That being said, Jon isn't a fan favorite. Most people don't like him or find his chapters boring. The reason he'll come back is that he has a role to play. Plot armor is a thing, George is just smart enough to hide who wear it. But Jon definitely does. So does Daenerys and Bran, along with Arya. Sam and Sansa as well, to some extent. 

Youre right about the boring part. But no character has plot armor. Dany is safe because she's smart and has drogon. The faceless woman is safe because she's a faceless woman. Sam is not that safe because he's in oldtown under attack by ironborn he was safe before because of his brains. Sansa is safe due to her brains. Jon is dead due to his idiocy. 

The point is that if Jon is brought back he will be more of an antagonist than a protagonist. He was more of a antagonist in feast. 

Thats not true catelyn is more important than robb. We see inside her head because she's the protagonist of her story. Robb is important because he is her son. The majority of things that move the story ahead are done by cat not robb. Robb doesn't even appear for almost all of the second book. 

Well, I'm more than sure people will rather forget Catelyn Tully instead of Robb Stark the King in the North. Some of what Catelyn does and thinks is important, but because he was the POV of Robb's faction. George intentionally didn't make Robb a POV, altough he admitted it was really hard not to. 

Youre right about the boring part. But no character has plot armor. Dany is safe because she's smart and has drogon. The faceless woman is safe because she's a faceless woman. Sam is not that safe because he's in oldtown under attack by ironborn he was safe before because of his brains. Sansa is safe due to her brains. Jon is dead due to his idiocy. 

The point is that if Jon is brought back he will be more of an antagonist than a protagonist. He was more of a antagonist in feast. 

Believe me they do. Noone thinks Daenerys will die before she reaches Westeros. Why? Because she has a job awaiting for her in Westeros. The same goes for Arya. We won't lose Sam either. Why? He'll be the only POV in Oldtown (the ironborn will move on, wether they win or lose or do anything they want). There is stuff that has to happen there. George needs POVs where shit happens. Cersei won't die either unless another POV walks into King's Landing. That Jon might stop being a POV is because Melisandre is there. Otherwise we wouldn't know what happens at the Wall. The list goes on. People have stuff to do. Not prophecies, but what the plot requires, otherwise it'll be lame. Catelyn stopped being a POV when Robb was murdered. Arianne became a POV after Arys' death. Barristan became a POV because Meereen was left without one. That's how it works. If you think noone's safe, you didn't pay attention. 

9 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Well, I'm more than sure people will rather forget Catelyn Tully instead of Robb Stark the King in the North. Some of what Catelyn does and thinks is important, but because he was the POV of Robb's faction. George intentionally didn't make Robb a POV, altough he admitted it was really hard not to. 

She is Robb's de facto queen. The leadership of house stark is a joint endeavor between the two. Catelyn leads the diplomatic half while robb leads the military part. The diplomatic half is more important. 

12 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Believe me they do. Noone thinks Daenerys will die before she reaches Westeros. Why? Because she has a job awaiting for her in Westeros. The same goes for Arya. We won't lose Sam either. Why? He'll be the only POV in Oldtown (the ironborn will move on, wether they win or lose or do anything they want). There is stuff that has to happen there. George needs POVs where shit happens. Cersei won't die either unless another POV walks into King's Landing. That Jon might stop being a POV is because Melisandre is there. Otherwise we wouldn't know what happens at the Wall. The list goes on. People have stuff to do. Not prophecies, but what the plot requires, otherwise it'll be lame. Catelyn stopped being a POV when Robb was murdered. Arianne became a POV after Arys' death. Barristan became a POV because Meereen was left without one. That's how it works. If you think noone's safe, you didn't pay attention. 

The author wants us to feel that no character will be safe he himself said that. I got the idea it seems like you didn't. 

The author doesn't do camera pov. Each of the characters who some readers think secondary have their own story and development. If you think the so called heroes are safe maybe you didn't pay attention. 

Davos was created from scratch, is he a secondary character. Of course not

17 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

She is Robb's de facto queen. The leadership of house stark is a joint endeavor between the two. Catelyn leads the diplomatic half while robb leads the military part. The diplomatic half is more important. 

Not really. Catelyn was useful as an embassy when someone had to meet Renly. That never meant she could veto any of Robb's diplomatic decisions. Pf course she tried to influence him when she could, but it wasn't her duty, nor did she sign up for that intentionally. She was there because a POV was needed as long as Robb was rocking. When he died, Catelyn stopped being a POV. 

17 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

The author wants us to feel that no character will be safe he himself said that. I got the idea it seems like you didn't. 

The author doesn't do camera pov. Each of the characters who some readers think secondary have their own story and development. If you think the so called heroes are safe maybe you didn't pay attention. 

Davos was created from scratch, is he a secondary character. Of course not

Every story has it's plot armor unless it adaptates a true story with realism. Sorry to break it to you, but heroes don't die that easily. In fact, we had no heroic figures dying in ASOIAF yet. Ned wasn't one. Cat wasn't one, nor Robb or Renly or Ser Arys. If Jon Snow wasn't wearing a plot armor, we wouldn't assume he didn't die/doesn't remain dead. Since Daenerys has to slay lies and be betrayed thrice, she wears a plot armor until that's done. That's how it works. The only major POV that really doesn't wear a plot armor is Tyrion, altough we can asusme neither will he die until at least he returns to Westeros. 

1 hour ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Not really. Catelyn was useful as an embassy when someone had to meet Renly. That never meant she could veto any of Robb's diplomatic decisions. Pf course she tried to influence him when she could, but it wasn't her duty, nor did she sign up for that intentionally. She was there because a POV was needed as long as Robb was rocking. When he died, Catelyn stopped being a POV. 

Catelyn didn’t stop being a pov because robb died she stopped being one because she became mother merciless, the hangwoman.

1 hour ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Every story has it's plot armor unless it adaptates a true story with realism. Sorry to break it to you, but heroes don't die that easily. In fact, we had no heroic figures dying in ASOIAF yet. Ned wasn't one. Cat wasn't one, nor Robb or Renly or Ser Arys. If Jon Snow wasn't wearing a plot armor, we wouldn't assume he didn't die/doesn't remain dead. Since Daenerys has to slay lies and be betrayed thrice, she wears a plot armor until that's done. That's how it works. The only major POV that really doesn't wear a plot armor is Tyrion, altough we can asusme neither will he die until at least he returns to Westeros. 

Actually ned and robb are the closest we got to heroic figures.The only reason people assume Jon snow is alive is because of stupid r + l= j.

Why on earth does every character outside Westeros needs to return to Westeros somehow.Why can’t they just continue their storylines there in essos, why is Meereen and it’s politics less important than kings landing and it’s politics

Archived