Covid-19 #39: Shooting the Messenger

Fragile Bird

34 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

Not replying to anything else as I can't be fucked but I'll respond to this one.

My partner is unvaccinated. She's a Pro athlete in a niche sport (meaning money is low) we rely on her comp performances to help pay our bills. She saw me unable to train for a month after getting vaccinated and decided the risk to her season wasn't worth it (if she has 4 weeks off her season is done), she's not anti vax, she'll probably get it after the year is done. Would she probably be fine and not get ill? Sure. Is it worth the risk to us? She has decided its not. 

Negative. I won't just let you do that.

You are the one who said this, "Fact is none of you know shit about their reasons or what they do in their personal life. You just want to act superior."

I'm sorry the pandemic has been so hard on you. Anyone who is a regular on this part of the forum knows you've had financial hardship because of the pandemic. Your gym has suffered, and I'm sorry for that.

But that does not give you the right to be shitty.

I'm not acting superior by calling people who won't take the vaccine without a medically sound reason idiots. I call them idiots because against all scientific advice they won't take the vaccine. They then cause unnecessary deaths. You do understand each of us only have one life? There are no do overs.

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Negative. I won't just let you do that.

You are the one who said this, "Fact is none of you know shit about their reasons or what they do in their personal life. You just want to act superior."

I'm sorry the pandemic has been so hard on you. Anyone who is a regular on this part of the forum knows you've had financial hardship because of the pandemic. Your gym has suffered, and I'm sorry for that.

But that does not give you the right to be shitty.

I'm not acting superior by calling people who won't take the vaccine without a medically sound reason idiots. I call them idiots because against all scientific advice they won't take the vaccine. They then cause unnecessary deaths. You do understand each of us only have one life?

So you can be shitty but I can't? Righttt.

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Am I being shitty? Explain.

You think they're idiots, I don't. Therefore I think you're being shitty calling them that.

And yup I understand we only have one life which is why I understand some people making the decision to look after their own life first and not make decisions that could ruin them in order to please others.

3 hours ago, lessthanluke said:

You think they're idiots, I don't. Therefore I think you're being shitty calling them that.

Why? The vaccines are safe. They saves lives. By not taking it they are killing other people.

Do you dispute this fact?

Quit trying to get people not to take a life saving vaccine.

3 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

Yes I do. Who has my other half killed?

Who knows? Zero? One? Two? 10? 20?

If they were asymptomatic and spread the disease to someone else who died, then they killed them. Can you honestly say with 100% certainty this didn't happen?

It's a numbers game. We save lives by limiting the spread of the virus. The vaccines do that.

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Who knows? Zero? One? Two? 10? 20?

If they were asymptomatic and spread the disease to someone else who died, then they killed them. Can you honestly say with 100% certainty this didn't happen?

It's a numbers game. We save lives by limiting the spread of the virus. The vaccines do that.

By that logic everyone in this thread has killed people seeing as you can still spread it while vaccinated. Unless you've not left your house at all.

Especially with the Delta variant.

By that logic everyone in this thread has killed people seeing as you can still spread it while vaccinated. Unless you've not left your house at all.

Exactly!

As I said, it's a numbers game. You do what you can to limit the spread, to save lives.

It is possible I have caused someone else to die by spreading the virus. Even though I got the vaccine as soon as I could and I still wear a mask out in public. The science says I'm not 100% safe from spreading the virus.

But it also says I'm way less likely to spread the virus than someone who hasn't gotten the vaccine at all.

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Exactly!

As I said, it's a numbers game. you do what you can to limit the spread.

It is possible I have caused someone else to die by spreading the virus. Even though I got the vaccine as soon as I could and I still wear a mask out in public. The science says I'm not 100% safe from spreading the virus.

But it also says I'm way less likely to spread the virus than someone who hasn't gotten the vaccine at all.

Yup we are doing what we can. While not ruining our own lives :) 

8 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Doesn't seem like it.

Edit: To expand on this, the median length of vaccine symptoms is 24-48 hours.

And yet I was ill for weeks. Very easy to tell someone statistics but doesn't really help when they've witnessed different.

Partner has her reasons as stated on the last page of the thread, you may think they're not good enough and that's fine I however obviously disagree and thus sympathise with other people a bit more.

5 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

And yet I was ill for weeks. Very easy to tell someone statistics but doesn't really help when they've witnessed different.

Partner has her reasons as stated on the last page of the thread, you may think they're not good enough and that's fine I however obviously disagree and thus sympathise with other people a bit more.

Sure. You could've just said that. I believe the reasoning is wrong, but I could've let that go. But instead you decided to insult most of the forum, which started this discussion in the first place.

"You just want to act superior."

No. I want people to stay alive.

5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Sure. You could've just said that. I believe the reasoning is wrong, but I could've let that go. But instead you decided to insult most of the forum, which started this discussion in the first place.

"You just want to act superior."

No. I want people to live.

This whole thread is just a circle jerk dedicated to insulting people. Get off your high horse.

And no I did not start off this discussion with that line. That was after quite a bit of back and forth. 

This whole thread is just a circle jerk dedicated to insulting people. Get off your high horse.

Really, most of the thread seems about stating new infection/death numbers as they come in.

You started making excuses for people who won't take a life saving vaccine for reasons that aren't medically sound.

Maybe don't do that?

4 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You started making excuses for people who won't take a life saving vaccine for reasons that aren't medically sound.

Maybe don't do that?

Why not? Medical reasons aren't the only reasons. Its your opinion that other peoples reasons aren't good enough and I disagree with you. Not sure what part of this you're struggling to grasp here. 

You can call me wrong I don't mind, say our reasons aren't valid whatever but tell me to not give my opinion? Go fuck yourself.

1) Why not? Medical reasons aren't the only reasons. Its your opinion that other peoples reasons aren't good enough and I disagree with you. Not sure what part of this you're struggling to grasp here. 

You can call me wrong I don't mind, say our reasons aren't valid whatever but tell me to not give my opinion? 2) Go fuck yourself.

1) Sorry. I forget that some human beings care more about themselves than other people. It's a problem I'm constantly struggling with.

2) Go fuck yourself twice.

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

1) Sorry. I forget that some human beings care more about themselves than other people. It's a problem I'm constantly struggling with.

2) Go fuck yourself twice.

99.99 percent of humans do. Its fairly normal to not want to be bankrupt and homeless.

99.99 percent of humans do. Its fairly normal to not want to be bankrupt and homeless.

Doubt it. Using the rule "I'm not special"reveals most human beings will take a small risk/make sacrifices for the common good. (Taking very safe vaccines)

But whatever lets you sleep at night.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Doubt it. Using the rule "I'm not special"reveals most human beings will take a small risk/make sacrifices for the common good. (Taking very safe vaccines)

But whatever let's you sleep at night.

"Small risk" 

Yeahhhh.

Continue to pat each other on the back while wishing illness and death on others like the lovely people you are.

P.S I hope Zorral gets Covid (they've wished this on about 100 people so this is totally cool right?! Lols jokes)

Archived