Art of waiting!

Mugunthan Targaryen

Mates, we need to wait and be patient. Like good old times... Like GRRM says after started to binge watching,  we forgot the essence of waiting. Stop asking the question "when will be TWOW release? "..start live  by dreaming how good that book is going to be... Learn to wait like the watchers on the wall....Learn to be patient like Jalabhar Xho who still believe that someone help him.... Learn to wait like the ibbenese people that they thought someday GRRM will inculde them in a story...If we can't learn to wait we can't be happy.. You know after finishing TWOW.. We will forget to celebrate the book and start asking "when will DOS will release? ". Celebrate mates!  If you still think waiting is bad,  just think about BLOODRAVEN! 

I think a lot of the frustration, at least for me, is less the wait and the feeling of being strung along during said wait. Deadlines that come and go eventually give way to vaguer and vaguer promises. I'd have been totally fine if he said hey I'm focusing on the show, these other books, this spinoff, enjoying life, or whatever. I'm just at the point I can't get excited when I hear he's working hard, making great progress and so on. We've been hearing that for over a decade now so it's hard to credit. 

At this point, it just is what it is for me and I won't believe in Winds until I see a release date on amazon. If it doesn't come then it doesn't. Say whatever you want about the show, at least they delivered as promised. So we got something of an ending. It is a great series and that is why so many are feeling frustrated there may never be a resolution to it. 

You say this like people are clamouring for a release constantly when basically everyone resigned themselves to an if it happens it happens perspective years ago. I'm already basically certain that we'll never get Dream and if I'm being honest I and many people I know that have followed the series closely don't really even care anymore which is a lot worse than being frustrated with a long release window. 

19 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

You say this like people are clamouring for a release constantly when basically everyone resigned themselves to an if it happens it happens perspective years ago. I'm already basically certain that we'll never get Dream and if I'm being honest I and many people I know that have followed the series closely don't really even care anymore which is a lot worse than being frustrated with a long release window. 

I don’t think you are being honest, you are here posting on a message board about the series, I think you care.

So, counterpoint, I do think GRRM will finish the series, and I think he already has drafts. I think he could edit endlessly, and now that publishers aren’t going to hold him accountable, it’s no surprise he just keeps at it.

More than that, this is an opportunity to enjoy the series that will never exist again.

We don’t have the answers, the possibilities for plot twists, theories and outrageous tinfoil are endless. Embrace the moment rather than wishing for what you can’t change.

20 minutes ago, Mourning Star said:

I don’t think you are being honest, you are here posting on a message board about the series, I think you care.

I've always been interested in discussing the series as a setting I rarely comment on plot and speculation threads so nah I'm really not too fussed whether it gets a conclusion or not at this point. 

Archived