New Cast Members Confirmed

Westeros

HBO has confirmed a number of previously-unannounced cast members, confirming at least one casting that was already figured out by fans (the popular Graham McTavish of Outlander, The Hobbit, and Men in Kilts) and a number of other significant characters who play pivotal roles in the events covered by House of the Dragon, which is based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire and Blood.

Click for full-sized image

read on >>>

View the full article

Just now, The Bard of Banefort said:

Very nice! So is Hall playing both twins then?

We thought they might cast actual twins, because actual twins auditions for the Cargyll brothers. 

BUT, the Cargylls share many scenes together: in contrast, Jason is mostly in Casterly Rock's storyline, while Tyland is at King's Landing, so there really wouldn't be too much overlap.

Who else remains to be cast from The Rogue Prince era?

This is the whole small council.

...they might not cast some of these for Season 1 but wait until Season 2:

• Cregan Stark
  • Jeyne Arryn
  • Aemma Arryn (brief appearance)
  • Dalton Greyjoy
  • Borros Baratheon
  • the Tullys
  • Blackwoods
  • I don't think we'd necessarily see other Hightowers
  • ....Free Cities characters to fight in the Stepstones (Craghas Crabfeeder?)
  • ....possibly Martells? Who ally with the Free Cities in the Stepstones?

Anyone else for Season 1?  Well...we'd get child versions of Alicent & Rhaenyra's children plus Daemon's daughters; 7 for the Blacks and 4 for the Greens (hopefully). 

Unless we're lucky and we get a brief scene of the Great Council at Harrenhal, and see Jahaerys?

Jasper 'Ironrod' Wylde is still missing. Not that that character is all that important. And as replacement for Lyonel Strong he wouldn't play that prominent a role in the first season, anyway.

3 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

How did a nobody like Hugh of the Vale manage to become the squire to Jon Arryn, Hand of the King and Lord of the Vale? Was he someone's bastard or something?

My idea is that Ser Hugh of the Vale is the unacknowledged baseborn bastard son of Jon Arryn himself - or an unacknowledged baseborn bastard of Elbert or Denys Arryn.

Anything else would make little sense. The guy is a literal nobody serving as squire to the Lord of the Vale and the Hand of the King. Dozens and scores of highborn children and youths should serve in that capacity.

The Lannister actor definitely has a Tywin-like scowl hehe 

I looked up a few of the actors and yeah, Harwin’s is pretty slender. None of the pictures I saw were recent though, she he’s probably bulked up in preparation for this.

I’m surprised they went with a young-ish, slim, long-haired Larys. I would have thought they’d have played up his similarities to Varys and made him bald and stout. 

6 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Who else remains to be cast from The Rogue Prince era?

This is the whole small council.

...they might not cast some of these for Season 1 but wait until Season 2:

• Cregan Stark
  • Jeyne Arryn
  • Aemma Arryn (brief appearance)
  • Dalton Greyjoy
  • Borros Baratheon
  • the Tullys
  • Blackwoods
  • I don't think we'd necessarily see other Hightowers
  • ....Free Cities characters to fight in the Stepstones (Craghas Crabfeeder?)
  • ....possibly Martells? Who ally with the Free Cities in the Stepstones?

Anyone else for Season 1?  Well...we'd get child versions of Alicent & Rhaenyra's children plus Daemon's daughters; 7 for the Blacks and 4 for the Greens (hopefully). 

Unless we're lucky and we get a brief scene of the Great Council at Harrenhal, and see Jahaerys?

Most of these characters probably won’t be in season one. As far as I know, the two big roles still missing are our sources: Septon Eustace and Mushroom.

There hasn’t been an official announcement of the casting for Alicent’s, Rhaenyra’s, or Daemon’s children either. They’ve managed to hide Helaena and Aemond pretty well.

We think of Ser Hugh from Season 1 but that was over a decade ago: Jefferson Hall is 44 years old now. So this is adult Jason and Tyland.

...how far along in the story is Season 1 going to go? I'd hoped Season 2 would round out the 120s AC.

As for Ironrod and Eustace....then again, maybe they haven't reached the 120s AC yet? Ironrod will show up LATER?

Ah, I kinda forgot about Mushroom.

I think they announced so many people today because they've been building an extensive OUTDOOR tournament set at Surrey, due to film next week - and there's no way they could hide spy photos of these actors.

My god....Scottish actor Bill Patterson, now Lyman Beesbury....previously appeared in a Matt Smith Doctor Who episode!  He was the scientist Dr. Edwin Bracewell who created the "Ironsides" during World War II, only to realize that they were Daleks, and they created him!

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Edwin_Bracewell

Has every third person in Britain been on Doctor Who by this point?

27 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

How did a nobody like Hugh of the Vale manage to become the squire to Jon Arryn, Hand of the King and Lord of the Vale? Was he someone's bastard or something?

My personal headcanon is that Hugh's father saved Jon Arryn's life during Robert's Rebellion. As a favor for his late father, Jon took young Hugh under his wing and named him his squire. Or something like this.

17 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Strange...the actor playing Larry Strong is a full five years OLDER than the one playing Harwin Strong, his older brother.

Could this be Young Harwin?

No chance. Remember that Rory McCann was 6 years older than Conan Stevens, and 19 years older than Thor Bjornsson. 5 years means nothing in casting.

I've been a little bit out of following HotD, and have just started to pick things up again. Am I alone in thinking it's odd that they're yet to cast (or indeed even mention) any of Alicent's children?

It makes me wonder if there's going to be some messing with the timeline going on- could it be that Aegon is only born at the end of series 1, as a dramatic cliffhanger?

Archived