Lollys to Morros

Falcon2909

Tanda Stokeworth tried marrying Lollys off to Tyrion and Littlefinger. But she failed ofc.

Why didn't she try Janos Slynt's heir Morros Slynt?

I'm talking about pre-clash ofc before the KL Riots. Was he too low born ? 

Even afterwards instead of Bronn she could have tried Morros since he's now a lord.

Lollys is a woman in her early 30s from one of the most powerful Houses of the Crownlands. Morros Slynt is a teenager and the grandson of a butcher. Yes Morros' father was named Lord of Harrenhal recently but this is an empty title so long as the castle is occupied by the king's ennemies. Tyrion and Littlefinger are nobleborn and have money, unlike Morros.

18 minutes ago, Falcon2909 said:

Tanda Stokeworth tried marrying Lollys off to Tyrion and Littlefinger. But she failed ofc.

Why didn't she try Janos Slynt's heir Morros Slynt?

I'm talking about pre-clash ofc before the KL Riots. Was he too low born ? 

Even afterwards instead of Bronn she could have tried Morros since he's now a lord.

I know it's wrong but lollys was still a virgin then so lady stokeworth was aiming higher 

10 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I know it's wrong but lollys was still a virgin then so lady stokeworth was aiming higher 

Now that she isn't anymore, plus she's the second born child, and a woman, Tanda cannot be picky right? and Lollys is an unmarried woman in her 30s, which is unusual as per westerosi standards where they get married off much younger

10 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Lollys is a woman in her early 30s from one of the most powerful Houses of the Crownlands. Morros Slynt is a teenager and the grandson of a butcher. Yes Morros' father was named Lord of Harrenhal recently but this is an empty title so long as the castle is occupied by the king's ennemies. Tyrion and Littlefinger are nobleborn and have money, unlike Morros.

Lollys is the 2nd born child, who is not set to inherit Stokeworth. Plus she's an unmarried woman in her 30s which is unusual as per westerosi standards where they get married off much younger

Whatever Lollys defects are, her family have been bigshots in the crownlands since before the conquest, and wealthy. 

Lollys is the second child, but as the first child is female, her inheritance is not clear-cut. It could be that all the wealth of Stokeworth is equally divided between the sisters. Or it could go to a distant male cousin. I think Bronn's idea is that, with Tanda and Balman dead, and Falyse missing, all the wealth of Stokeworth goes to him.

There is also the Rosby claim. If Bronn defends Lollys claim in Rosby robustly, she might inherit Rosby too.

It may have to do with them being sheep and/or Andal blood. (Upstarts?) I think there is another reason why Tanda  drags her “dimw witted” daughter around all the time. Lollys appears to see through glamours or faceless men. Not sure.
Ive been meaning to dig into the Stokeworths again and reevaluate. She recognized her lone kidnapper Bron yea? It’s been some time so…

14 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

It may have to do with them being sheep and/or Andal blood. (Upstarts?) I think there is another reason why Tanda  drags her “dimw witted” daughter around all the time. Lollys appears to see through glamours or faceless men. Not sure.
Ive been meaning to dig into the Stokeworths again and reevaluate. She recognized her lone kidnapper Bron yea? It’s been some time so…

Not only that, but she's playing the game of thrones like Doran, LF and varys. With her mother, brother-in-law and sister(presumably) dead, she is the new lady of Stokeworth inheriting all the wealth and lands. 

16 hours ago, Walda said:

Whatever Lollys defects are, her family have been bigshots in the crownlands since before the conquest, and wealthy. 

Lollys is the second child, but as the first child is female, her inheritance is not clear-cut. It could be that all the wealth of Stokeworth is equally divided between the sisters. Or it could go to a distant male cousin. I think Bronn's idea is that, with Tanda and Balman dead, and Falyse missing, all the wealth of Stokeworth goes to him.

There is also the Rosby claim. If Bronn defends Lollys claim in Rosby robustly, she might inherit Rosby too.

Bronn is an upjumped sellsword. I don't think anyone is going to agree to let all the wealth go to him

5 hours ago, Falcon2909 said:

Bronn is an upjumped sellsword. I don't think anyone is going to agree to let all the wealth go to him

I mean Bronn is in possession of it at this point. Honestly Cersei's decision to kill Falyse baffled me. There are less extreme ways of silencing Falyse after the plot to assassinate Bronn failed without handing Stokeworth to Bronn on a silver platter by eliminating the heir to the house. 

To your original question, I think it's as simple as they were trying to wed Lollys to someone that was somewhat respectable while the Slynts were a going concern. By the time Tanda decided to "settle" the Slynts had fallen and Ser Bronn was a more attractive option since Harrenhal was given to Littlefinger.

33 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Confirmed by who?  I guess Varys, even if she is a woman, is probably too old to give birth herself.  But she probably has the resources to acquire a newborn if she wants one.

Well, Varys seems to be in pretty  good shape for a guy who just got raped half a hundred times when Tyrion summons him later in the same chapter where he would have endured it if he was Lollys.

25 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Well, Varys seems to be in pretty  good shape for a guy who just got raped half a hundred times when Tyrion summons him later in the same chapter where he would have endured it if he was Lollys.

And who exactly confirmed all these rapes, or even one of them?  Will the rapists come forward?  Evidence of this nature basically boils down to "someone said words, so it must be so".

10 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I think it was a joke referencing when Tyrion thought one of Varys' female disguises looked like Lollys.

10 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

God, I hope so. Though I would've laughed my lungs out watching him trying to prove it. 

9 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

Confirmed by who?  I guess Varys, even if she is a woman, is probably too old to give birth herself.  But she probably has the resources to acquire a newborn if she wants one.

I suppose I was giving too much credit there. No wonder Bronn is so angry at the Iron Throne.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, Lord Lannister said:

By the time Tanda decided to "settle" the Slynts had fallen and Ser Bronn was a more attractive option since Harrenhal was given to Littlefinger.

ah right, so the Slynts are landless + lost their honor, while bronn only was landless and distinguished himself during the battle earning his knighthood

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I suppose I was giving too much credit there. No wonder Bronn is so angry at the Iron Throne.

Bronn has never been in Lollys' bedroom.  It's the place that no-one wants to go and no-one cares to look.  It's the perfect hiding place.

I don't know if I'm super serious about this theory.  But I do find it amusing.  And it's fun watching people try to disprove it, while shooting blanks.  Maybe I just don't take ASOIAF as super seriously as some people.

Archived