What are your favorite theories of all time?

Daendrew

53 minutes ago, Mourning Star said:

Sure 58 is older by medieval standards compared to today but you are flat out wrong about fertility both irl and in the series.

Your answer: Before making wild assumptions, the least you could do is just ask Google.

When does male fertility start to decline? Like female fertility, male fertility declines throughout adulthood, but experts suggest that a man's age doesn't have a significant effect on his fertility until he's in his 40s, because there's only about a 1–2% decrease in sperm motility/morphology per year

Brynden was 58. There certainly was a chance he was still able to father children, but that chance was inside the interval from really low to impossible.

Also, Bloodraven may already have had children, we simply don't know.

Surely the lords of the realm would accept a guy they didn't really know about as Bloodraven's heir, a man who they would never choose their king anyway. If Bloodraven had any children at court, we would know, if he had one somewhere hidden away, well, I wish the best for that person in his future struggles.

We do not know they loved each other. Nor why Shiera refused to marry him. 

We do know Brynden and Aegor both loved Shiera. And Shiera chose Brynden as her 'lover'.

We don't know about a child, but we don't even know what happened to Shiera, so it's wild to assume we'd know of a kid.

It's even wilder to assume they had a kid they kept hidden away.

This is unintelligible to me... I think you mean you disagree? ok...

I mean that you're so sure about everything when it comes to your own ideas, but you often use the 'we don't know enough to assume that' phrase to doubt anything.

wrong... have you heard of the Blackfyre rebelions?

The Blackfyre rebellions were built upon the claim that Daeron II was illegitimate, making Daemon (a legitimized bastard) the true heir to Aegon IV. Brynden wasn't a heir to Maekar in any way. The two are simply uncomparable.

People wouldn't vote for Bloodraven out of love, they would do it out of fear, which is perfectly fitting with what we know of Bloodraven.

But they didn't vote him out of fear either, making your argument false.

I don't think Bloodraven was capable of bodysnatching Egg and living as him, and honestly that sounds way more ridiculous than him being an ambitions bastard.

What you think and what the actual case is might differ. Greenseers are exceptional and powerful people. Varamyr couldn't take over the spearwife's body, but he was a skinchanger. The gift was strong in him, but he isn't comparable to a greenseer. If it wasn't a possible thing, it wouldn't be considered to be such a sinful thing to do. And Varamyr was close to succeeding. The fact that this was taught to Varamyr by his teacher implies it is a reachable thing to skinchangers. If you claim Bloodraven wouldn't be capable to do it, you are wrong, and you are arguing against the text, not me.

But having to correct you about the facts makes this an unproductive discussion, let's not continue it.

Look who's talking. Btw, I have no intention to continue this conversation either. We had a few earlier as well, it never ended with one of us convincing the other.

42 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Your answer: Before making wild assumptions, the least you could do is just ask Google.

You are simply wrong.

This is not a do your own research sort of question, you sound like an antivax karen... but if you must do your own googling then learn to read better, there are plenty of 60+ year old fathers to newborns.

Obviously, the reality you are ignoring doesn't even matter though, we have examples in the story of old fathers which you are ignoring as well, just look at Walder Frey.

Brynden was 58. There certainly was a chance he was still able to father children, but that chance was inside the interval from really low to impossible.

Fertility decreases as a man ages, that's not the same as being unable to have children.

Also, it's a story, one where other old men have children, it wouldn't even be unusual.

Surely the lords of the realm would accept a guy they didn't really know about as Bloodraven's heir, a man who they would never choose their king anyway. If Bloodraven had any children at court, we would know, if he had one somewhere hidden away, well, I wish the best for that person in his future struggles.

We do know Brynden and Aegor both loved Shiera. And Shiera chose Brynden as her 'lover'.

Not the same thing as saying they loved each other. Bloodraven says there was a woman he "desired".

We know the lords of the realm didn't accept Bloodraven, that doesn't change what his intent may have been, and obviously is exactly what I am saying may motivate him now.

It's even wilder to assume they had a kid they kept hidden away.

Don't know if there was a kid let alone if it was hidden, but it's not wild to assume that at all, given that Shierra seems to have gone into hiding herself and we know nothing about what happened to her.

But, you are the one who brought up kids, it's not even relevant, just a tangent built on misinformation you decided to go off about.

I mean that you're so sure about everything when it comes to your own ideas, but you often use the 'we don't know enough to assume that' phrase to doubt anything.

Literally not sure about everything, expressly say that often, but at least I'm not constantly saying blatantly false things as if they are facts, which is why I've asked you to stop responding to my posts, you do not contribute, you are rude, and you repeatedly say things that are verifiably untrue.

The Blackfyre rebellions were built upon the claim that Daeron II was illegitimate, making Daemon (a legitimized bastard) the true heir to Aegon IV. Brynden wasn't a heir to Maekar in any way. The two are simply uncomparable.

Bloodraven and Blackfyre were legitimized by the same act. Their claims to the throne are objectively comparable. 

I never suggested Bloodraven was Maekar's heir, I said it was odd that Maekar didn't seem to name an heir, a detail directly relevant to the council being called.

But they didn't vote him out of fear either, making your argument false.

No, they didn't vote for him, that's not a part of my argument though, do try to pay a little attention.

I'm saying it seems like Bloodraven intended to be elected much like how Aerys intended to be elected by the council but wasn't. The outcome doesn't change the intent. This is really super basic stuff and it feels absolutely ridiculous that I need to explain this.

I've asked you not to respond to me before, and I'll do so again, as you do not seem capable of having a rational discussion.

46 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

If you claim Bloodraven wouldn't be capable to do it, you are wrong, and you are arguing against the text, not me.

Quote or eat crow or better yet just acknowledge silently that you are making up bizarre tangents based on assumptions which have little to no bearing on the actual story or the theories being presented.

If you want to suggest Bloodraven could just steal anyone's body whenever he wanted, go for it, just don't do it responding to me.

2 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Is he stupid enough to risk breaking an alliance with the Freys that Roose kind of needs? People in KL aren't likely to care about the north much, especially Cersei. 

Given the Lady Hornwood debacle and his turning a valuable hostage like Theon into his personal plaything... I'm inclined to say yes.

29 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Given the Lady Hornwood debacle and his turning a valuable hostage like Theon into his personal plaything... I'm inclined to say yes.

Don't forget weeping fArya:

Lady Arya’s sobs do us more harm than all of Lord Stannis’s swords and spears.

1 minute ago, Tucu said:

Don't forget weeping fArya:

Surely, but Arya escaped with Theon at the end. 

36 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Is he stupid enough to risk breaking an alliance with the Freys that Roose kind of needs? People in KL aren't likely to care about the north much, especially Cersei. 

Ramsay is the kind of guy who sees the world as his playground for to sole purpose of satisfaction. That's his weakness, so yes, he will most likely do something stupid, but at the same time this is what makes him dangerous as well a way. 

[mod] Folks: there is an Ignore function. If you do not want to interact with a user, put them on Ignore.

Do not announce that you've put them on Ignore. That's crass. Also, don't post publicly to ask them not to reply to you. Don't send them a PM to the same effect either. The Ignore function exists so you don't have to do that (and those things almost never have the desired effect anyway: they merely draw attention to the fact that you're annoyed). If they reply to you, and you get a notification or something, pretend they didn't. You will be a happier person for it, I assure you.

Use Ignore when you want to ignore someone, and leave it there. Thank you. [/mod]

1. Maester Aemon will be resurrected. He is the child whom Daenerys will raise and cherish in the future. 

2. The Targaryens are descendants of the ruling family of the great empire of the dawn. They are the surviving descendants of a super race.  Star Trek fans would compare them to the Preservers.

3. The Great Other is a skin changer and a green seer. This creature is the Sauron equivalent. 

3 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Surely, but Arya escaped with Theon at the end. 

After a great deal of things I will not recite here. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

True. 

3 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Ramsay is the kind of guy who sees the world as his playground for to sole purpose of satisfaction. That's his weakness, so yes, he will most likely do something stupid, but at the same time this is what makes him dangerous as well a way. 

Also true. 

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

1. Maester Aemon will be resurrected. He is the child whom Daenerys will raise and cherish in the future. 

God, I hope so. He'd be delighted. And he'd be a good king. And it would solve the problem of Dany's heir. 

I kinda like the theory that Jyana (Howland Reed's wife) is actually Lyanna Stark, which makes Meera and Jojen cousins of the Starks. Oh, and the one where the "valonqar" in Cersei's prophecy could actually be her own son Tommen instead of Jaime or Tyrion.

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Given the examples of resurrection we've seen(Beric, Stoneheart, wights) I'm inclined to say please don't do that to Aemon and just let the poor old man rest In peace.

19 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

He has much to gain from breaking that alliance, he wants the Dreadfort, which is going to Walda's son, not him, so to take it he needs to diminish the Frey forces, because, while the Bolton forces outnumber all other northern forces, they don't outnumber North+Freys, and since the entire North hates him and he would be usurping the Freys, he needs to outnumber them.

1 minute ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

This is interesting, never seen this one before. Why do you think this is so?

I think much of Theon's story arc in ADWD is basically a psychological struggle over his identity.  That is, will he become "Reek" in truth or will he decide to defy Ramsay and claim his own identity/agency again?  Also, pay attention to the chapter titles from his POV  (I think they're a big ol' flashing sign about this whole situation).  

1 minute ago, Prince of the North said:

I think much of Theon's story arc in ADWD is basically a psychological struggle over his identity.  That is, will he become "Reek" in truth or will he decide to defy Ramsay and claim his own identity/agency again?  Also, pay attention to the chapter titles from his POV  (I think they're a big ol' flashing sign about this whole situation).  

I understand the themes of Theon's ADWD chapters, I was just curious about the specifics of this Hooded Man theory. Do you think that this "Hooded Man" is just a figment of Theon's imagination, creating a brave figure that, by killing Bolton men, is encouraging him to take a stand too? 

1 minute ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

I understand the themes of Theon's ADWD chapters, I was just curious about the specifics of this Hooded Man theory. Do you think that this "Hooded Man" is just a figment of Theon's imagination, creating a brave figure that, by killing Bolton men, is encouraging him to take a stand too? 

Sorry, I was just in the process of adding more to my response.  I believe, when Theon/Reek has his run-in with the Hooded Man, it is as if he's "Reek" and he's being confronted by the other half of his identity "Theon".  I think he's basically talking to himself.  The two halves of his identity are in a sort of struggle and...well, we know which one ultimately "wins".  Again, I think the chapter titles strongly point to Theon's psychological struggle and transition in ADWD.

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

Sorry, I was just in the process of adding more to my response.  I believe, when Theon/Reek has his run-in with the Hooded Man, it is as if he's "Reek" and he's being confronted by the other half of his identity "Theon".  I think he's basically talking to himself.  The two halves of his identity are in a sort of struggle and...well, we know which one ultimately "wins".  Again, I think the chapter titles strongly point to Theon's psychological struggle and transition in ADWD.

bolton men had actually died...so.. are you suggesting Theon is the hooded man killing them but he is not aware of this due to his mental struggle?.....if that's the theory I actually like it!:)

Just now, EggBlue said:

bolton men had actually died...so.. are you suggesting Theon is the hooded man killing them but he is not aware of this due to his mental struggle?.....if that's the theory I actually like it!:)

No, that isn't part of my theory but I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility?  So far, I don't think Theon/Reek is responsible for any of the murders that happen in Winterfell.  I believe there are a combination of other things going on there;)

Archived