What are your favorite theories of all time?

Daendrew

On 10/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

I don't think it unlikely Ramsay killed someone. I do however think it unlikely that Ramsay would kill Little Walder because he might know something about the two Starks. 

but that's not what I said tho, and I'm the one who brought it up.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, Tucu said:

From F&B:

Both Euron and Moqorro are lying to Victarion.

who, that would be cool AF too, the only problem is that the IB heard it and nothing happened to them (yet), I suppose they could make horns with different functions tho

6 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

who, that would be cool AF too, the only problem is that the IB heard it and nothing happened to them (yet), I suppose they could make horns with different functions tho

This is Victarion's account:

"The sound it made … it burned, somehow. As if my bones were on fire, searing my flesh from within. Those writings glowed red-hot, then white-hot and painful to look upon. It seemed as if the sound would never end. It was like some long scream. A thousand screams, all melted into one."

And that was just from a blow from one of Euron's mongrels.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, Tucu said:

From F&B:

His Grace grieved for Prince Aemon until the end of his days, but the Old King never dreamed that Aemon’s death in 92 AC would be like the hellhorns of Valyrian legend, bringing death and destruction down on all those who heard their sound.

Both Euron and Moqorro are lying to Victarion.

That quote is very metaphorical as dragons bring "death and destruction". It doesn't mean you are wrong however.

My pet theory is that the dragon horn will be the wake call for the Volantis slave navy to rebel.

My favorite theories:

• Euron Greyjoy is a skinchanger, and a powerful one at that. He forced Victarion's wife to approach him for sex.
  • Euron Greyjoy is a legit bloodmage and sorcerer...a rival of Melisandre and far suprassing the powers of Mirri Maz Duur
  • Euron Greyjoy was Bloodraven's first apprentice but Euron had been rejected by Bloodraven (or Euron simply declined)
  • Euron Greyjoy is the final big bad of the series: he is the single greatest human threat to humanity and will be a major archrival of Daenerys and Bran
  • The Others are alien life forms who have made their specific corner of Planetos their home
  • Wights are the human slaves of the Others who use an ancient form of magic to control the bodies. So, in a way, wights are more like ghosts being possessed by aliens instead of mindless zombies that are being resurrected and remote-controlled by aliens.
  • The Hightower is a gigantic magical battery for the Wall. When the Hightower is sacked or damaged, the magic at the Wall weakens.
  • Euron Greyjoy will take the horn from Sam and, by blowing it, take down the Wall
  • The Others are not evil. They are trying to stop Euron Greyjoy and other people like him
  • Varys is a woman
  • Varys is a female Blackfyre who may or may not be related to fAegon
  • Varys is one of the Deep Ones in disguise
  • fAegon is a Blackfyre descendant
  • Illyrio Mopatis is fAegon's father
  • Euron Greyjoy is working with Patchface and the Deep Ones to destroy the world and remake a new one. 
  • Patchface is working independently to support the Deep Ones or the Great Other
  • Euron Greyjoy will raise an army of horrific sea monsters and use them for battle
  • The valonqar is neither Jaime nor Tyrion. The valonqar is Euron Greyjoy, Aeron Greyjoy or Arya Stark
  • Myrcella Baratheon will go down in history as the first ruling Queen of Westeros to be acknowledged. Rhaenyra Targaryen, unfortunately, isn't acknowledged...yet
  • Lady Stoneheart will give her life for Jon Snow
  • Cersei Lannister will kill Myrcella Baratheon (a totally innocent accident, mistakenly while doing something evil, on purpose) one way or another
  • Riverrun will return to the custody of the Tullys: Edmure and his son will survive the series.
  • Lady Stoneheart will orchestrate another Red Wedding for the Freys and the Lannisters at either Riverrun or Casterly Rock (Daven Lannister's wedding)
  • Arya Stark will have her own private army (the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners) when she returns to Westeros
  • Sansa will marry Sweetrobin not Harry Hardyng
  • The Giant's Lance will fall
  • Rickon Stark is the future of House Stark and will survive the series
On 9/28/2021 at 9:18 PM, Mister Smikes said:

Dunno about "favorite".  But I have a few I subscribe to.  Many of them are unpopular.  The more unpopular they are the more I like them.  I'm perverse that way.

Bran ate Jojen in ADWD.

-  Dragons Galore, so the Second Dance can be as Chaotic as Possible:

-----  Summer and Hodor saw a dragon at Winterfell;

-----  There is a dragon on Skagos;

-----  "Statues" on Dragonstone are really advanced greyscale - will be awakened by kingsblood human sacrifice;

-----   A dragon still hides in the Mountains of the Moon.

-----   There's a dragon at Hardhome.

-  Varys is a woman.  (Specifically, Varys is Serra).

-  Young Griff is a Blackfyre descendant. 

- The House with the Red Door is not in Braavos  (Specifically, it is at the Tower of Joy, and the Willam she recalls is Dustin).

The ticking wildfire time bomb under King's Landing will explode.  Goodbye, KL.

I like these.

I think that it may have been a dragon who killed the stag in the first Bran chapter.

Archived