Football: The Kids Are All Right

Raja

I mean Fofana and Evans both being injured isn't fantastic, but they got Vestergaard in specifically to help sort that out, and him and Soyuncu shouldn't be a bad partnership at all. Other than that, everyone's back as far as I can tell (James Justin is out too but he was only in the first team a lot last season coz Pereira was injured, and Pereira's now returned). Soyuncu has started megabad though it's true.

Their main problem today was that they couldn't get the midfield to connect to attack, though, and while Iheanacho being unavailable unexpectedly definitely didn't help, you'd expect a team like them to be able to exert more control into the final third. 

22 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

He looks a great player, but he's been around for five minutes- give him time before you start grumbling.

You'll have legitimate cause to moan in a years time, when Southgate's still not picking him instead of one of his useless faves.

Yeah, it's probably too early for him but one can hope. I'd love to see a Smith Rowe - Rashford - Saka front 3*

*Yes, this is probably not the best front 3 england can put up, just the one I want to see.

11 hours ago, Raja said:

Yeah, it's probably too early for him but one can hope. I'd love to see a Smith Rowe - Rashford - Saka front 3*

*Yes, this is probably not the best front 3 england can put up, just the one I want to see.

I suspect Smith-Rowe's going to be a victim of England's pretty ridiculous depth in the attacking positions. He looks like he's going to be a good player but he's not as talented as Grealish or Foden and then a bit younger than him you've got Elliott (although we'll have to see how his recovery goes) all wanting a similar role in the side.

Keep an eye on Jacob Ramsey too. He's more one for Mount to worry about, but then Smith-Rowe can also play central in that sorta half-10 role (and I think it's probably his best position despite his performance against Spurs from the left) so he's also aiming partly at Mount's position. 

Conor Gallagher also appears to have taken to this Premier League thing like a duck to water. And although he's currently injured and a bit older than the others we're talking about, Eze will also be looking for recognition and eventually a big move when he gets back.

England have finally, at least for now, sorted out the technical-talent production problem they've historically had. It should always have been this given the depth of the football pyramid and scouting systems, but now that it's here, it should be consistent at bringing true world class players through. This pile-up of talent isn't gonna let up. 

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I suspect Smith-Rowe's going to be a victim of England's pretty ridiculous depth in the attacking positions.

This is likely true, but I also thought similar regarding Saka and he's at least someone who will likely keep getting into the squad, at the very least. To be sure, Saka is on a level that I don't think Smith Rowe has reached yet, but I don't think getting into the squad will be beyond him, but perhaps not the starting 11.

With regards to talent - I think Smith Rowe is a glue kind of player that instantly makes the whole team seem better with his willingness to come for the ball and run beyond a striker, ofc this is not wholly unique to him, but I think it's possible that he gets into the team as he makes the whole team better as opposed to individual talent.

Solskjaer needs to go. His defenders can go on and on about x y z player but the truth is this team looks utterly disorganised. Our biggest problems are not Fred or McTominay or Pogba etc.; it's the standard of coaching and tactics which is nowhere near good enough.

It's weird that things have gone backwards this season, organisationally. He's got attacking players to improve the balance and now wants to play all the attacking players and fuck the balance.

9 minutes ago, Raja said:

Get Rodgers. Right meow.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's weird that things have gone backwards this season, organisationally. He's got attacking players to improve the balance and now wants to play all the attacking players and fuck the balance.

Just like when Lampard got in big players, he was a deer in the headlights and had no clue what to do. The same has happened to Solskjaer. Both were completely out of their depth and the better squad only served to highlight that.

26 minutes ago, Raja said:

Get Rodgers. Right meow.

Conte is the obvious choice. Why pay a massive compensation to Leicester when a much, much, much better manager is a free agent.

Archived