Football: The Kids Are All Right

Raja

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Conte is the obvious choice. Why pay a massive compensation to Leicester when a much, much, much better manager is a free agent.

I don't think Conte works long term though, though I guess that doesn't matter much?

22 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think he'd do better than OGS :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

What about Zidane? Ronaldo and Varane being there makes it even more attractive for him I bet

Also a good option.

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

I don't think Conte works long term though, though I guess that doesn't matter much?

He comes with baggage no doubt but he's also a world class manager.

I think he'd do better than OGS :ph34r:

That's not a particularly high bar. Rodgers might be better than Solskjaer but he's not a top class manager. It'd be rather stupid to pay Leicester a ridiculous compensation (which they would no doubt demand) for a manager who is not top class especially when Conte and Zidane are free agents. 

Not only is Rogers not that level of top class but to be his best he needs a style of midfield that, even taking coaching into account, we just don't have at the moment. Like sure, we can buy and he'd probably bring Tielemans with him, yay, but you need a manager who can work with what we've got to start. 

18 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

It'd be rather stupid to pay Leicester a ridiculous compensation

That's totally fair. My comment wasn't particularly serious and I was thinking more long term than someone like Conte, or even Zidane but United need to be winning trophies so I see the point in going for someone who has been there and done that.

9 minutes ago, Raja said:

That's totally fair. My comment wasn't particularly serious and I was thinking more long term than someone like Conte, or even Zidane but United need to be winning trophies so I see the point in going for someone who has been there and done that.

Sure. I'd love a long term top class manager too. That kind of stability can be comforting. But I also think United need to move away from relying on a manager to stay long term. Many clubs these days are set up to cope with managers being replaced every 2-3 years or so. 

Not really imploded, they had no business still being in that game in the second half. Chelsea was completely in control of that match (and had two goals scratched off), then the saints suddenly ended up with a penalty and thus got an equalizer out of thin air.  Chelsea continued to pushed, and after Southamptonb were down to 10 men they upped the pressure. That Tuchel brought on Barkley, that was borderline trolling, and it actually worked.

If you have the opportunity to watch highlights from Germany's second tier football somewhere. I can't recommend yesterday's Aue-H$V match enough for comedy value. Final score was 1-1, really pity how Aue has let them off the hook, but both goals were real comedy gold. You can thank me later.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Conte is the obvious choice. Why pay a massive compensation to Leicester when a much, much, much better manager is a free agent.

Conte pretty much nailed on will rock the boat at some point when he doesn’t get something he wants. I don’t think there’s much chance the Glazers want any part of that.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not really imploded, they had no business still being in that game in the second half. Chelsea was completely in control of that match (and had two goals scratched off), then the saints suddenly ended up with a penalty and thus got an equalizer out of thin air.  Chelsea continued to pushed, and after Southamptonb were down to 10 men they upped the pressure. That Tuchel brought on Barkley, that was borderline trolling, and it actually worked.

On the second goal that got overruled, is that normal? I think there was a penalty, but it was so minor and happened well before the actual goal and the player was able to recover before anything happened. 

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

On the second goal that got overruled, is that normal? I think there was a penalty, but it was so minor and happened well before the actual goal and the player was able to recover before anything happened. 

Yes, it's normal. They spotted a foul in the play leading up to the goal. Tough luck for Werner.

20 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Indeed, just wait for a few more weeks and you can have Koeman, without paying Barca any compensation. :leaving:

Archived