Football: The Kids Are All Right

Raja

This Liverpool team feels a little bit caught in between the ways they could play. With Wijnaldum gone and Firmino on the bench the high energy, up tempo game doesn’t seem quite there but with no Alexander-Arnold, Thiago or Elliott it doesn’t seem like trying to match City in possession is really ideal either.

I thought before the game that Milner was probably the wrong choice for today, and I feel I was right. Even forgetting the yellow, we need to get Gomez on.

It's not just our pressing that's the issue - we've been incredibly poor in possession. We seem to have one ball through to Mane we've tried to play a number of times, poorly, and other than that we have no clue. Salah has been thoroughly pocketed by Laporte, and Jota and Mane are getting nowhere either.

Henderson has made some poor passes and a number of mistakes, he needs to sort himself out.

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

The ball is played to Salah in space and it's a great opportunity... and his first touch shoots the ball five metres away from him and the chance is gone.

It would be nice if one of our big players remembered they can play football.

Simply electric. 

14 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Soylent's comments just ahead of a Liverpool goal are always gold.

I hoped I had timed that joke right.

And fuck yeah, we have a game. Today is bound to be another crazy sports day between Eurocommie football, actual football and baseball.

No F1 though :(

Archived