Football: The Kids Are All Right

Raja

52 minutes ago, mormont said:

I'm not sure what 'co-hosting' with Palestine would mean in this scenario, since I'm fairly sure the Palestinian territories don't have a football stadium that could host even a group match and the Palestinian authorities assuredly don't have the ability at present to build one. (Even if they did, the Israelis would more than likely bomb it to rubble the first time someone threw a stone at an IDF soldier.)

Israel on its own probably couldn't host the tournament either, but even if it could, numerous teams would probably boycott the event and Infantino must know that.

Presumably Infantino is saying this for political reasons and knows it's not a thing that will actually happen.

I was thinking the same thing, they don't even have clean water in Gaza, let alone a football stadium.

Pretty delusional suggestion from Infantino.

In other news. Bayern's Luca Hernandez is facing 6 months in a Spanish jail cell...

...while I am facing a return to the stadium next weekend (Sunday 24th tbp).

Two unrelated events of equal importance to the world of football.

it looks like the new bosses are going to let dead man walking steve bruce notch his 1000th match sunday against spurs (predicting a 2-1 loss).

i want a new manager!!! the rumors keep swirling about a new manager. it needs to happen soon so whoever it is can start picking some targets for a january spending spree!

12 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

it looks like the new bosses are going to let dead man walking steve bruce notch his 1000th match sunday against spurs (predicting a 2-1 loss).

i want a new manager!!! the rumors keep swirling about a new manager. it needs to happen soon so whoever it is can start picking some targets for a january spending spree!

Who are you hoping they'll appoint? Probably hard to find the ideal manager mid-season.

I don't even know why players use agents. Surely you can be better off by saving yourself 15% and not paying someone millions of quid for a tiny bit of work.

I'd rather be worse off and not have some absolute parasite leaching off me. 

Re the Newcastle manager, non of the names bandied around have remotely inspired me. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't even know why players use agents. Surely you can be better off by saving yourself 15% and not paying someone millions of quid for a tiny bit of work.

Well, yeah. But Harry Kane's contract perhaps shows the value of having an expert negotiating on your behalf. 

Though James Milner has never used an agent, apparently. And I think I heard that Kevin De Bruyne negotiated his latest contract without an agent. 

22 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Though James Milner has never used an agent, apparently. And I think I heard that Kevin De Bruyne negotiated his latest contract without an agent. 

Kimmich also negotiated his last contract without an agent.

Altho, FIFA is trying to hack off agents on the wrong end imo.

The bigger issue that needs addressing are agents on the junior level. They should falt out ban agents approaching/representing players under the age of 16.

56 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Well, yeah. But Harry Kane's contract perhaps shows the value of having an expert negotiating on your behalf. 

What do you think an agent would have done there? Other than perhaps suggest to Kane that a shorter contract might be in order (to a life-long Spurs fan), what else could they have done? It's easy to look at these things when everything is going wrong, but I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time (and still is, as far as his bank account is concerned.)

19 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

What do you think an agent would have done there?

You answered your question yourself. No serious agent would have allowed Kane to sign a six-year deal. And a more serious agent might have secured more than a handshake from Levy.

...and still is, as far as his bank account is concerned.)

Is it though? Considering he would have now been on Man City money, with a pretty hefty signing-on bonus, I'm guessing his bank investment fund manager would have been a very happy man. 

Liverpool will be missing Alisson, Fabinho, Thiago and Jones (and Elliott, of course) against Watford, and are hoping that TAA and Jota will be ready to play after muscle injuries.

So a makeshift midfield and a young inexperienced keeper against a club with a new manager bounce.  Time for Ox and Keita to stand up and be counted.

21 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Liverpool will be missing Alisson, Fabinho, Thiago and Jones (and Elliott, of course) against Watford, and are hoping that TAA and Jota will be ready to play after muscle injuries.

So a makeshift midfield and a young inexperienced keeper against a club with a new manager bounce.  Time for Ox and Keita to stand up and be counted.

What really puts the icing that shitcake is that Alisson rode the bench for Brazil.  Why did Tite even bother to have him travel if he wasn't going to use him?

Archived