Wights

Wights are described as having very bright blue eyes. Is that so of all wights, or only of the Night King's wights? Beric Dondarrion is described as having changed into a wight, but by Thoros of Myr and not by the Night King, and he retained the loyalties and aims that he had when living.

If I was talking about wights, rather than writing about them, to avoid people confusing "wights" with "whites", I would be tempted to pronounce "wight" as "wikht" as in early mediaeval English.

1 minute ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

Wights are described as having very bright blue eyes. Is that so of all wights, or only of the Night King's wights? Beric Dondarrion is described as having changed into a wight, but by Thoros of Myr and not by the Night King, and he retained the loyalties and aims that he had when living.

If I was talking about wights, rather than writing about them, to avoid people confusing wights with whites, I would be tempted to pronounce "wight" as "wikht" as in early mediaeval English.

There is no night king. Who are you talking about? Do you mean the night's king? He died thousands of years ago 

The wights in the north are ice wights whose life derives from the same source as the white walkers. Beric Dondarrion and probably Lady Stoneheart are fire wights who derive Their Life from Fire or R'hollar. No mention is made of these fire wights eye color that I can remember although Melisandre had red eyes .

Archived