Small, Worthy, Unworthy -- You Call It!

Zorral

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think the reason why I like them without eating many other sweets has to do with traveling a lot as a kid. I'd fly at least a half dozen times a year, and every time my parents would take me to the Cinnabon at the MSP airport.

There was a period, maybe a year or two, growing up when my mom made the pillsbury versions maybe not every morning, but a lot of mornings.  I assume she stopped doing so because her, my dad, or both were gaining too much weight.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:05 PM, HoodedCrow said:

Sugary warm cinnamon pretzels are delicious

No. Pretzels are salty.

Drying clothes in a tiny studio flat is challenging. I cannot have a drying rack because there is literally nowhere to put it. I make do with radiators, some strings under the bathroom ceiling (that I am too short to properly reach), and that rack-like thingy that I put over the bathtub, but now I cannot take a shower without moving that first ...

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Drying clothes in a tiny studio flat is challenging. I cannot have a drying rack because there is literally nowhere to put it. I make do with radiators, some strings under the bathroom ceiling (that I am too short to properly reach), and that rack-like thingy that I put over the bathtub, but now I cannot take a shower without moving that first ...

I didn’t have a washing machine in my studio flat, that was fun too. Not. :lol: 

Could this wall attached thingy be a viable option for you? (Sorry I know it’s not in English but the pictures will give you the idea anyway) 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I didn’t have a washing machine in my studio flat, that was fun too. Not. :lol: 

Could this wall attached thingy be a viable option for you? (Sorry I know it’s not in English but the pictures will give you the idea anyway) 

Sure, this looks practical. Not sure where I could use it though. I mean, I actually have strings like that in my bathroom (only they are somewhat too high to properly reach).

One of the 5 escaped zebras in Maryland has been killed by an illegal snare trap.  :crying:  They were happy and doing so well, divided into a trio and a couple, finding plenty to eat and drink with lots of room to roam.

2 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Plastic hangers can be used to extend your reach and are so, so, for drying if they are well spaced. 

Hmmm, but metal hangers are bendable, so they can be used to eliminate a drain clog, fasten things together, hang tools and create a tail for a dinosaur children’s costume…!

(you can 100% try these tested uses at home, I provide full guarantee)

How can anyone not like pie? While I recognise the existence of fruit pies, and my gran made an excellent one, it seems to me that UK types, when hearing the word "pie" assume savoury, and American types assume sweet. Anyone who says they don't like pie is missing out on the glories of a steak and stilton, or a chicken and leek, or, probably best, the steak and kidney. Now I'm salivating.

3 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Anyone who says they don't like pie is missing out on the glories of a steak and stilton, or a chicken and leek, or, probably best, the steak and kidney. Now I'm salivating.

Sounds like a fellow fan of the famous Reading pie shop Sweeney and Todd!

7 minutes ago, A wilding said:

Sounds like a fellow fan of the famous Reading pie shop Sweeney and Todd!

I love that place!!!  Though I must admit, Green's in Pangbourne knocks it into a cocked hat. Do people still say that? 

45 minutes ago, Hereward said:

when hearing the word "pie" assume savoury, and American types assume sweet.

Yes I was referring sweet pies.  The only real experience with savory pies I have is my mom used to occasionally make chicken pot pie growing up.  It was ok - to be fair it was handicapped as it was one of her ways of getting rid of a bunch of old leftovers.

Archived