Small, Worthy, Unworthy -- You Call It!

Zorral

"Yale now says someone duped a lot of people."

Gee.  How is it They can have no idea whatsoever who Someone is/was?  :D

The map can be traced at least to 1957, after Laurence Witten, an antiquarian in New Haven, Conn., acquired it from an unknown source in Europe. He sold the parchment to the philanthropist Paul Mellon, who donated it to Yale.

But, you know?  That story could not rival in interest today, that Shakira's purse, cell phone inside, got stolen by wild boars in Barcelona!

https://www.nbcboston.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/shakira-says-wild-boars-attacked-her-stole-her-purse-in-barcelona-park/2505046/

Human interests tales such as this one cannot be made up!

Drunk Man Reported Missing Joins Search Party For Himself

Beyhan Mutlu, 51, went drinking with a friend in a forest in the town of Inegol, northwest Turkey, late Tuesday. His wife reported him missing after he did not return home and she heard he had walked away from his friend, drunk.

Gendarmerie and rescue teams were called in to find Mutlu, who had gone to sleep in a house in the forest, Turkish online news site T24 reported Friday.

He came across members of the search party in the morning and decided to help them find the missing person. He realized he was the focus of the search when they began calling his name.

“After a while, they said they were looking for Beyhan Mutlu,” T24 quoted him as saying. “I broke into a cold sweat when I heard my name.”

“I told them I was Beyhan Mutlu, but they continued to search,” Mutlu continued. “They didn’t believe me. The truth came out when my friend Mesut saw me.”

Mutlu said he was part of the search team for more than half an hour.

11 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not sure who is worse, him for not realising they were looking for him, or the search party for not realising they had found him. 

My favorite part is he wandered off drunk and apparently found a random "house in the forest" to pass out in.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

My favorite part is he wandered off drunk and apparently found a random "house in the forest" to pass out in.

Yeah, that's usually the set up for something very bad to happen (lookin' at you, Bros. Grimm).  I'm surprised a bunch of bears didn't show up and scare the shit out of him, at the very least:P

6 hours ago, DMC said:

I had a number of friends and family members text me this story saying when they read the headline they thought it might have been me.  

In a similar vein, I was working at a ski mt as a lift operator a few winters ago, and we had a big staffing problem with people showing up to work drunk or high.  Usually you just have someone babysit a problem person until they sober up.

Well one day this guy showed up stumbling drunk.  Like falling over during the morning meeting.  I was the shift manager that day and brought him up to the employee lounge and told him to just rest up and I'd work his shift.  Well, about an hour later I see him materialize into view and approach the station he was supposed to be working.  Seemed drunker than before, which was a feat unto itself.  

I told him to go back to the lounge, he started cursing me out, and then out of now where the Mt Manager (boss of the whole mountain) shows up and wrangles him back to the office, more or less in a headlock.  I got a radio call a few minutes later saying a staff member was driving him home. 

But the best part is that around lunch time, Drunk Dude calls me on my cellphone and says, hey, sorry I over slept, just woke up and I'm trying to get a ride to work.  I tried my best to explain to him, without laughing, that he had already been to work, had actually shown up on time, but had been sent home for being intoxicated on the job.  He had no recollection of any of that.

8 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I had a number of friends and family members text me this story saying when they read the headline they thought it might have been me.  

In a similar vein, I was working at a ski mt as a lift operator a few winters ago, and we had a big staffing problem with people showing up to work drunk or high.  Usually you just have someone babysit a problem person until they sober up.

Well one day this guy showed up stumbling drunk.  Like falling over during the morning meeting.  I was the shift manager that day and brought him up to the employee lounge and told him to just rest up and I'd work his shift.  Well, about an hour later I see him materialize into view and approach the station he was supposed to be working.  Seemed drunker than before, which was a feat unto itself.  

I told him to go back to the lounge, he started cursing me out, and then out of now where the Mt Manager (boss of the whole mountain) shows up and wrangles him back to the office, more or less in a headlock.  I got a radio call a few minutes later saying a staff member was driving him home. 

But the best part is that around lunch time, Drunk Dude calls me on my cellphone and says, hey, sorry I over slept, just woke up and I'm trying to get a ride to work.  I tried my best to explain to him, without laughing, that he had already been to work, had actually shown up on time, but had been sent home for being intoxicated on the job.  He had no recollection of any of that.

I luvs me some skiing!

What’s New Pussycat? Had Raffi tunes and Tom Jones as music viruses. Thanks to Tywin, I shared much giggling with My DH over the video. Raffi made think of could times doing targeted therapy with preschoolers and the simple joy the kids took in Raffi. The bird got me to struggle finding compassion for Mrs Santis, but eventually…

So, for your mental health, some jokes are good. Some songs are good. Exercise of my injury helped. Mini meditations helped. Considering theories here helped. If all goes well, I will be able to do a short form of Tai Chi. Then, I will conquer the world!:)

On 10/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, larrytheimp said:

oops forgot the link

The New Yorker has now posted a cartoon titled “The Eighth Deadly Sin”, showing a woman in a hospital gown attached to an IV line, with one hand held out holding a kidney, and the sin is “Kindness”. If you hadn’t posted the story I’d have had no idea what it meant.

Archived