Small, Worthy, Unworthy -- You Call It!

Zorral

On 11/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, Liffguard said:

Having decided that going back to uni in my 30s was a sensible decision for some reason, I'm powering through my first all-nighter. Got work all day tomorrow as well, so that will be fun. Trying to remind myself why I'm doing this.

I feel your pain.  I am also back in school and it's much harder than I remember it being.  I am 48 and am basically starting fresh with low level classes but I have to admit it has kicked my ass more than I expected it would.  It's also more fun than I remember it being by far.  As the man says...youth is wasted on the young. 

At NovaCon fantasy/sci-fi convention in Buxton, England.

My publisher (Elsewhen Press) have a stall, and a lot of other Elsewhen authors are there. 
Two of my books sold so far (got msgd to come through and sign them) :)

This evening they’re doing a launch party for all their books that came out during the pandemic, so I’m doing a brief reading from Lord of the Hunt.

They’ve also changes printer so my books are now available on international Amazon sights in paperback with free delivery.

Just saying…

I've just bought a money tree (Guiana Chestnut)  - it's about one-food tall including the pot, and looks very nice on my window ledge. It's a slightly fussier houseplant than the kind I'd normally pick. ("So we threw it out and I put it in the compost bin, and next year when I opened the bin it was still alive and had grown two inches.") 

Now I'm just going to sit here and watch it to make sure it doesn't die. 

:wideeyed:

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I just dreamt I had a positive pregnancy test. What the hell, brain? 

2 nights ago I dreamt an unknown child of mine turned up at age 18 demanding money for the years of neglect. I woke up in such a cold sweat. 

Tis the season for Northern Wisconsin, woke up to about a inch of the white stuff.

Looks to be slowly retreating but not entirely melted off so far.

I really enjoy the first couple months of Winter where you have the holidays and get to use the fireplace.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, Tywin et al. said:

A couple of days ago a middle aged woman farted on me in a grocery store. I still have not been able to shake this traumatic experience. 

In read a corona-joke related to such a situation.

"A woman standing in front of me in thw checkout line farted. Then she turned around and said: 'If you heard this, you haven't been observing the social distance. If you smelled it, you aren't wearing your mask properly.'"

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I just dreamt I had a positive pregnancy test. What the hell, brain? 

Congratulations! Is it going to be a boy or a girl? :p 

I have recently been having weird and worrisome dreams too, but mostly about "my" school kids, that is, the students.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations! Is it going to be a boy or a girl? :p 

I have recently been having weird and worrisome dreams too, but mostly about "my" school kids, that is, the students.

A scientific miracle, should it decide to materialize from dream to existence  :uhoh: 

On 11/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, BigFatCoward said:

2 nights ago I dreamt an unknown child of mine turned up at age 18 demanding money for the years of neglect. I woke up in such a cold sweat. 

Yeah, tell me. For once I didn’t want to hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. 

anyway, it continues. Last night I dreamt that I touched up my roots with the same dark brown dye I always use and somehow they were greenish yellow the next morning. I know I’m stressed but surely there are less absurd ways for my brain to process life than these dreams. :uhoh: 

14 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

My mother had knee surgery on a partially torn meniscus in her left knee this past Wednesday. She's been at home recuperating since then with me to help. She starts physical therapy this week.

Speedy recovery to her! 

Tschüß (Tschuess if you don't have an ß or an ü to spare on their keyboard).

ü is ofc a rounded front vowel, which the English language doesn't have. 

The more you know.

On the other hand, Bavaria is hardly Germany for all I care. I'd be as happy to sell that state off to Austria, as an American would be to sell Texas back to Mexico.

1 minute ago, HoodedCrow said:

Danke, AHNS. I made the Oktoberfest mistake before and never again:) The Bavarian lady seemed to think that I was saying the word for a shot of booze and not “see ya”. So, I probably muffed the vowel:(

Nope, not the vowel. T before the sh sounds.

Difference between Fitch and Fish. And yes, German does have those sounds at the beginning of words. 

7 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I will practice:) My worst is a French “ r” at the beginning of words. I have to settle for sounding like Elmer Fudd.

You can practice by making sexy purrs from the back of your throat while naked in front of your partner ("Rrrrrr"). That's kinda the sound you're looking for. Just remember to put pants back on for any actual conversation.

Archived