1) After the feast

2) A feast for crows 

3) Dreams and dust

4) A game of thrones

5) Blood and gold

6) A clash of kings

7) Steel and snow

How you all would you list them? 

My ranking would be the same as yours, except I'd switch around After the Feast and A Feast for Crows. The more I reread the series, the more I appreciate Feast and Dance. They both age like a fine wine, since the focus is on character development and worldbuilding, whereas I find that the first three novels don't hold up quite as well on repeated readings because they're so heavily plot-driven, and once you already know what happens, a lot of the appeal is gone. 

1 hour ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

My ranking would be the same as yours, except I'd switch around After the Feast and A Feast for Crows. The more I reread the series, the more I appreciate Feast and Dance. They both age like a fine wine, since the focus is on character development and worldbuilding, whereas I find that the first three novels don't hold up quite as well on repeated readings because they're so heavily plot-driven, and once you already know what happens, a lot of the appeal is gone. 

Why do you think affc is better than after the feast. 

1 hour ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Why do you think affc is better than after the feast. 

Mostly just down to the characters. I think Cersei and Jaime are more interesting characters than Jon and Daenerys, and in general I just don't care much for anything Essos-related, especially not dragon-related. That said, Feast is only very slightly above After the Feast for me in terms of ranking. They're both extremely close, thanks to the storylines in the North, all of which are amazing (despite Jon).

56 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Who's that? What was he famous for

I don't know if famous, but he did create a lot of new topics often, I'm just kidding of course, post as you like ;) 

6 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Which book's your favorite between these

1) A game of thrones

2) A clash of kings

3) Steel and snow

4) Blood and gold

5) A feast for crows

6) Dreams and dust 

7) After the feast

I'll list them

1) After the feast

2) A feast for crows 

3) Dreams and dust

4) A game of thrones

5) Blood and gold

6) A clash of kings

7) Steel and snow

How you all would you list them? 

Whats the cut off of Steel and Snow/ Blood and Gore, like where do the weddings take place?

Also when's the cut off for Dreams and Dust and After the Feast?

Are they worth reading or have I already read them like a million times?

So from what I know, 

1. Storm of Swords, aside from Dany, no pov really captivated me but they were all steller none the less. Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya, etc. All gold. Plus the reintroduction of the lady Catelyn as the lady Stoneheart is imo the coolest part of asoiaf.

2. A Dance with Dragons. Maybe this is my favorite book... Tyrion and Theons pov are the work of a genius, nothing less. Plus Jon finally gets interesting and Dany stays exciting. Big fan of the Frog as well. But alas, it can't be first without my girl Sansa.

3. Clash of Kings. Really when asoiaf begins, Stannis! But more importantly, Reek. My old gods is Ramsay entertainment or is Ramsay entertainment?

4. Feast. Feeeeast! The world is yours Cersei, fix yourself a plate. Damn I love our queen. Big fan of Arya and Sansa. And obviously Euron and Victarion.

5. Thrones. Fuck the Ned. But great book .

12 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Whats the cut off of Steel and Snow/ Blood and Gore, like where do the weddings take place?

Also when's the cut off for Dreams and Dust and After the Feast?

Are they worth reading or have I already read them like a million times?

So from what I know, 

1. Storm of Swords, aside from Dany, no pov really captivated me but they were all steller none the less. Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya, etc. All gold. Plus the reintroduction of the lady Catelyn as the lady Stoneheart is imo the coolest part of asoiaf.

2. A Dance with Dragons. Maybe this is my favorite book... Tyrion and Theons pov are the work of a genius, nothing less. Plus Jon finally gets interesting and Dany stays exciting. Big fan of the Frog as well. But alas, it can't be first without my girl Sansa.

3. Clash of Kings. Really when asoiaf begins, Stannis! But more importantly, Reek. My old gods is Ramsay entertainment or is Ramsay entertainment?

4. Feast. Feeeeast! The world is yours Cersei, fix yourself a plate. Damn I love our queen. Big fan of Arya and Sansa. And obviously Euron and Victarion.

5. Thrones. Fuck the Ned. But great book .

Steel and snow is the first part of asos it's till Jon v. After that is blood and gold. 

Dreams and dust is till tyrion ix. 

2 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Who's that? What was he famous for

IIRC picking fights. had some interesting posts sometimes though. He was good for a question like this every couple of days. 

1. ASOS

2. AFFC

3. DWD

4. GOT

5. COK

I don't know about the split versions so I just went with the basic 5.

Tough to rank honestly, Like doing top 5 Stones albums or something. I love CoK and GoT

14 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

6) Dreams and dust 

Confusion....

9 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Man, if it weren't for the user name I'd say you were @Alyn Oakenfist born again.

At this rate, @Daenerysthegreat is going to outpace me in terms of posts. 

My favorites:

1. ASOS

2. ACOW

3. AGOT

4. ADWD

5. AFFC

Yeah I didn't read any of the divided versions either so... going with the basic five.

1) A Clash of Kings

2) A Storm of Swords

3) A Game of Thrones

4) A Feast for Crows

5) A Dance with Dragons

I guess I'm in the minority with Clash being my favorite. I just absolutely loved the politics behind the War of the Five Kings. It made for some great story telling for our characters. Storm was literally a page turner where you have to know what happens next. Game honestly starts off slow imo, granted it has to since we're being introduced to everything. Still it builds up nicely and is essentially the "good old days" for the characters. Feast is where the series starts to lose focus for me. It just seems all over the place and Dance only compounds that. Too much fluff and not enough substance in my opinion for both of those novels.

All in all, I just love the politics and struggles of the Westerosi houses. That's what keeps me interested. Oddly enough the more traditional fantasy elements of the dragons and Others are less interesting to me.

On 10/2/2021 at 9:15 AM, Lord Lannister said:

All in all, I just love the politics and struggles of the Westerosi houses. That's what keeps me interested. Oddly enough the more traditional fantasy elements of the dragons and Others are less interesting to me.

Well the others only appear in about 2 chapters in the entire books

Archived