(Theory) Will Littlefinger win the Iron Throne?

ASOIAF006

Hi guys. Actually, this theory is about A Dream of Spring, the last book of ASOIAF, but i haven't found any discussion about aDoS.

My theory is that Littlefinger will eventually reign over Westeros. Why? Because the Arryn Valley has always been neutral in the War of Five Kings. 

In addition, in the fourth book Littlefinger says to Sansa that he intends to conquer the North. 

Martin is the master of plot twist, i believe this is possible.

Of course this isn't a serious theory, but i wanted to share it with you. Tell me yours opinion :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess its possible. Not likely, though. Littlefinger winning everything would be rewarding him for his nihalistic, zero-sum philisophy. It would imply that backstabbing allies, grooming Sansa and subjecting Jeyne Poole to sexual slavery and murdering children like Sweetrobin is all justified if it means you get to become King. Even if one subscribes to the idea that George is a nihalist (I do not), an ending that rewards Littlefinger for his evil deeds would likely be much to bleak and upsetting for most readers. 

There is an upper limit to how far you can go with just money and scheming. Part of what makes Varys' riddle about power so intriguing is that real power is a strange mix of all the elements. There are people for whom religion is of primary importance and no amount of money is going to make them want to follow you. There are people who aren't going to follow some up-jumped petty lord no matter his wealth. There are people who want to follow a proven warrior and so on and so on. If wealth and scheming alone were enough to become king then plenty of people would have done it already.

My opinion ? He should and will be put to death, his blood is on him.

I don't think he will ever come back to King's Landing, the city will be destroyed after Dany and fAegon's battle in the upcoming Dance of Dragons 2.0.

We'll see what is going to happen in ADOS.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, ASOIAF006 said:

Hi guys. Actually, this theory is about A Dream of Spring, the last book of ASOIAF, but i haven't found any discussion about aDoS.

My theory is that Littlefinger will eventually reign over Westeros. Why? Because the Arryn Valley has always been neutral in the War of Five Kings. 

In addition, in the fourth book Littlefinger says to Sansa that he intends to conquer the North. 

Martin is the master of plot twist, i believe this is possible.

Of course this isn't a serious theory, but i wanted to share it with you. Tell me yours opinion :)

But it's foreshadowed by the ghost of high heart that Sansa defeats LF in the Vale/Winterfell. So LF can control the vale + the north, but he won't take the Iron Throne as sansa destroys him before that can happen

I don't think he wants to be king. Kings tend to have large targets on their backs. He wants to be the power behind the throne.

And personally, even if the Iron Throne still exists by the end of the series, I don't think there will be a single kingdom anymore. I see the realm splitting into seven kingdoms once again, with Petyr in a position to control three of them at least if all goes according to plan.

Archived